All reviews tram stop santa novella croissants boiled eggs clean hotel walking distance stay there again reception pros cheese balcony
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Very clean, very friendly staff, great restaurant downstairs. Extremely easy to reach downtown by tram, tram tickets are sold in the reception. A little noisy from the traffic on the road in front, but the terrace rooms are quieter. Great choice!

Room tip: Ask for a room on the side with the terrace.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2017

I just came back from this hotel and I must say I was very satisfied with the choice. The hotel is a few minutes away from the tram stop (Federiga) and only 10 minutes away from the Santa Novella train station (it is the first and last stop of the tram). From there the historic part of the town is within a walking distance. The hotel is in a safe and quiet vicinity, so much better than being downtown. Considering Italian breakfast in hotels which is usually sweet, hotel Alex offers more choice, ham, cheese, tomatoes, boiled eggs, croissant, jam, cornflakes, etc. There is a lot to choose from. Most importantly, both my room and the dinning area were impeccably clean and new. it really helped me feel safe and comfortable. The receptionists were nice and polite, even provided a free razor after I realized I had forgotten it. Toiletries were provided daily, as well as new towels. A Lidl shop is a few minutes away (behind the hotel). Although they do not have a safe box, which made me uncomfortable with leaving money in the room, all was fine and I was told that it was completely safe. I enjoyed Florence so much partly due to excellent service at this hotel. All in all, a simple, new, clean hotel which is a great base if you plan to spend most of the day downtown exploring ever beautiful Florence.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2017

The hotel is an average one, we had a large room, clean, but needed redecoration. The bathroom was large, also clean. The breakfast was poor, maybe the owner had to take into account to upgrade it beacause it is a shame that in well known culinary Italy you can not eat well at hotels. The parking place is very narrow, but is cheap and useful. It is close to city center via Tram.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank florinsandu
Reviewed 3 August 2017

We found the Hotel very easily, and parking in the privat car park from the hotel (EUR 5 per day) was quickly organised. On arrival and saying hello we almost got grumped at by the receptionist. Then saying in Italian hello and he warmed up. Since that Moment, the reception Team had been very friendly and helpfull. The tiny lift brought us to our room on the third floor. The room was fine, working airco, wifi connection bad, bathroom suitable to our Needs and spacious. The Hotel is a few minutes away from the tram into town. The reception sells you the tramtickets - EUR 1.20 on way,which is the same as on the machine. Out of ease we bought tickets with them, and it worked fine. Due to the quiet Location out of town, and off road parking, we would stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2017

The room was pleasant and very clean. Breakfast was a good quality Continental breakfast and the staff were friendly and helpful. We were there over Easter and a really nice touch was that a gift of mini Easter eggs was left in our room on Saturday evening. The hotel is within a 5 minute walk from the Federiga tram station and the trams are convenient and frequent. It was away from the noise and busyness of the city, but still within easy access. I would recommend staying here.

Date of stay: April 2017