“Excellent Location!”

Ranked #34 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

The location for the hotel is a convenient walk to all major attractions. The furnishings in our room were a bit on the shabby side, but kept very clean. The hotel staff is wonderful especially Monti! Our departure was scheduled before breakfast and the hotel arranged a take away breakfast and set up our taxi for our early morning departure. We would stay here again! The staff makes your visit to Florence even more enjoyable!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ItsAboutTheTravel
AndreaGennarini, Owner at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this review, 19 October 2015
Thank you very much for writing, we're so happy you enjoyed your time here with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

We just spent 4 nights at this hotel in Florence, Italy, and the staff are SO helpful. We couldn't find the hotel (we were driving) and the concierge ended up finding someone to meet us where we were, drive us to the hotel, and then drive the car to the parking garage.

The only drawback to the hotel is that it is not handicap accessible. To reach the lift you have to go up two flights of stairs. And the lift is only large enough for one person and a suitcase, or two people without luggage.

3 Thank Conniethemagni
Alas, the drawback of our 15th century design! However, we're glad the stairs didn't affect your stay too much!
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here during one of our honeymoon stops. We spent a few nights in the hotel which is located a short walking distance from all of the major Florence sites. The staff was wonderfully warm and friendly...especially Monti! He greeted us whenever he saw us and always asked how the honeymoon trip was going. It may not be anything fancy, but they have internet you can use, a lovely little breakfast room and all the staff works hard.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LB1982
We're so glad you decided to spend part of such a special trip with us! We hope to see you back for all the big anniversaries!!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

Sadly only spent 1 night at Hotel Alessandra, but we loved every minute of our stay in Florence. I was traveling with three age 70+ relatives, so the stairs to the lift were a little much for them. We just took it slow going up and down. The hotel is in a typical Florentine setting on a quiet, narrow street, but go down to one end of the block and you're at the Ponte Vecchio, go to the other end and you're at Via Tornabuoni and stores like Ferragamo.

I stayed in a triple (room 8) with three single beds. The highlight was our HUGE private bathroom with a BATHTUB and nice towels. After staying in a small room in Rome with a pittance of a shower, the tub and ample supply of hot water was a major luxury. My in-laws were in a double with two twin beds, room 26 I think, and they had the same great setup in the bathroom plus a fabulous view of the Arno.

Our highlights - the breakfast is huge by European standards, with eggs, cold cuts and plenty of pastries. The free WiFi was great and the connection was very fast; the only downside is that I couldn't access it from my room and had to sit in the hallway at 11pm in my PJs! The front desk also allows 10 minutes of free international calls per day, so that was a nice unexpected perk.

The price was higher than I'd normally pay, but I think it is fair for the location.

Monti was so gracious and such a bubbly personality - he called my mother in law "sweetheart" and she thought that was the best! He recommended wonderful, if a little out of the way restaurants, plus good places to find locally-made leather boots. Andrea was very helpful to make sure we got our Facebook discount for the room.

All in all - Hotel Alessandra will forever remind me of Florence!

Room Tip: Room 8, a triple with three single beds has a HUGE private bathroom with a BATHTUB. My in-laws were...
5 Thank cstallwitz
Unfortunately, with the thick walls of such an old building, the wifi is a little hard to connect to in all places, but we're adding new connections all the time! Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind an detailed review!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

I just spent 3 nights in Florence, staying at Hotel Alessandra. The location is even more convenient than I imagined. It is one short block from the Arno River, one long block from the Ponte Vecchio, and a few minutes walk to the Palazzo Vecchio and Piazza della Signoria. It was magical to conveniently walk around the old Renaissance streets and have ready access to most of the best sights of art and history in Florence. When I look for accommodations, I look for (1) interesting architecture and (2) wifi (free, if possible.) This hotel had my requirements and more, with very welcoming personnel as well. The room was comfortable, with a private bath and shower. The only drawback is the walk up one flight to the tiny elevator that went to the next flight where the hotel office is located. No big deal as long as you have no problems with steps. It actually lent more charm to the place. Every employee we interacted with was very friendly and accommodating, helping us with any questions and gave good advice about the rest of our trip. I would come back here in a heart beat. I have a rule that each time I visit a foreign city, I like to stay in different neighborhoods in order to learn the city better. I would have a hard time not returning to this place if I am fortunate to return to Florence.

6 Thank ArtLover27
We completely agree that our stairs add charm to the building, and we're so glad you feel that way! We wouldn't be Hotel Alessandra without them!