1,839 results
All reviews santa croce arno river rooftop bar beautiful hotel piazzale michelangelo concierge staff superior room loved this hotel pastries sitting area would definitely stay here again breakfast was excellent favorite hotel our honeymoon beautiful room would highly recommend this hotel major attractions
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Location of Hotel was on the river down from the Ponte Vecchio Bridge. Lobby was beautiful. The service was amazing, very helpful and friendly. The room was a u- shape bed was very hard, bathroom was very small, we were on the 4 floor which was under the rooftop bar. So in the evening you heard a lot of chairs moving and people walking.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela D
Giancarlo_Carniani, Direttore generale at Plaza Lucchesi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor!

I am glad to read that you appreciated the Hotel services, the strategic location and my helpul Staff.

I really apologise to know that you will not keep with you a wonderful memory of your Anniversary with us, especially about the matresse issue and the noises coming from the Rooftop.

I guarantee that in these special occasions the Reception Staff do always the best to give a good accomodation and it is always at the Guest's disposal also to change the mattresse with a softer one or to move in a new room when possible upon availability.

Looking forward to welcoming you in a next trip trough Italy.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

This is probably the most beautiful hotel I have ever seen! Everything about this place is 100% top of the line. From the rooms, staff, amenities, food, this is the place you want to stay. If it weren’t for the fact that we had such a short time in Florence, I would have spent more time lounging around the property.
Every single staff member that I encountered was warm, friendly and hospitable. Michele and his staff at the concierge helped us arrange some tickets for the Uffizi, extremely knowledgeable and accommodating.
Amazing views from the rooftop bar! Seriously, the hotel is smack dab in the “center” of things. Everything that you could want is within a minimum 10 minute walk.
Beautiful bar on the main level. Quite an inventory of liquors. Very well appointed.
Breakfast was terrific. Huge selections of pastries, fruit, cereal, proteins, etc. Staff is outstanding. My sister and BIL decided to stay in one night and eat something at the hotel restaurant. They both said the food was delicious.
Ok, the rooms. Not only are they gorgeous, it was the little things that made the Lucchesi stand out from the rest. Charging dock, with different cables. A cell phone, pre-loaded with all things Florence. Set up to help you decide what you like to do or eat. You can make complimentary international calls. Use it out and about if you desire. I didn’t need to, but it did come in handy looking up information.
When you check in, you are handed a welcome “pamphlet”. Personalized for each guest with your name and the weather for the duration of your stay.
If I could give this hotel a higher rating, I absolutely would. Stay here, you won’t regret it.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank cindyl289
Giancarlo_Carniani, Direttore at Plaza Lucchesi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your wonderful review upon your stay at the Lucchesi!

I am extremely glad to read that you enjoyed the Hotel totally, from the location to the Breakfast buffet, from the Rooftop bar and view to the Handy phone facility, lastly the Staff efficiency and kindness!

Exceeding our goals and our Guests' expectations is always the best reward.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon,
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 9 October 2018

This was our FAVORITE hotel in Italy! The rooms were very spacious, we had a gorgeous view of the Duomo from our room window and the rooftop bar alone would be a reason to go. The hotel was very comfortable, the staff very helpful, attentive and professional. The room was very clean, rather spacious and a good value for what we paid. We went to the rooftop bar EVERY night, it overlooked the city and offered a beautiful view at sunset and at night of the twinkling lights. It was a perfect end to every night (and they make a great drink!) The hotel was on the riverside and convenient to everything! It is all so walkable in Florence but the views, convenience and rooftop bar are well worth the price!

Stayed: November 2017

Dear Guest,

I am very happy to find your wonderful review on Tripadvisor!

It is a pleasure to know that you had the best experience of Italy here at Plaza Hotel Lucchesi and how much you loved your room, the relaxed and magical time spent at our Empireo Rooftop with a stunnig view on the main attractions of Florence!

Hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

The hotel is nice. Clean. Food good. However, the mattresses on the bed is very hard according to all family members staying in different rooms. Some rooms are very small. Be sure to get a room with a double bed if a couple or even single.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I really apoogise to find your negative review on Tripadvisor especially due to the mattresse issue that could be easily replaced with a softer one just contacting our Reception Staff!
Our Hotel is equipped with topper and soft mattresses just to satisfy all the request of our Guests.

Anyway I am glad to know that you appreciated the Hotel services and the food of our Restaurant.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

While in Florence on our vacation, our travel consultant booked us here. We found the hotel clean and the staff attentive to the guests needs. We had no troubles adding a night to the front end plus we were able to stay in the same room - a nice surprise. Further the location is near many sites and restaurants/bars are within a 10 min walk.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

thank you for leaving your kind feedback on Tripadvisor!

I am glad to know that you had a wonderful stay with us especially thanks to the care of my Staff who was always ready to assit you and tha strategic location just few steps from the main city centre walking area.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon!