3 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE US$62
Orbitz.comUS$261
TravelocityUS$260
HurbUS$323
All reviews an executive suite perfect location boutique hotel uffizi gallery small hotel a wonderful stay mini bar ponte vecchio the hotel staff walking distance definitely stay here again our honeymoon train station major sights happy hour main attractions firenze
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 October 2020

What puts this hotel above others is how welcome the staff makes you feel and how accommodating they are. Every request we made was met with a smile and an effort. I have given it 4 bubbles because the hotel feels a little dated. However, the staff deserve 5 bubbles and it was very clean. We found the beds to be comfortable as well. It is in a nice, central and yet quiet location. We had a wonderful stay.

Room tip: There is one room with a whirlpool on the terrace. Our room looked out onto the square, and it was lovely.
Date of stay: October 2020
3  Thank TimeToTravel365
S Firenze, Direttore generale at San Firenze Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2020

Dear TimeToTravel365,

thank you for finding the time to leave a review about our hotel, we really appreciate it. We are also glad to know that you enjoyed our service and we will forward your kind words to them, in this way their efforts will be repaid.

We thank you for your suggestion which we will take into consideration fro te next future.
We hope to have the chance to welcome you in the future (hopefully a better one).
kind regards

Reviewed 11 October 2020 via mobile

This hotel is in a wonderful location, only a few minutes walk from all the main attractions of Florence, so for location is charging a higher tariff than some of it’s nearest competitors. I was very cordially greeted by Cosimo who was so charming and polite, also Lavinia who i communicated with by email and finally met was delightful too. In fact all the staff are a real asset to the hotel, they are helpful and kind. I was made to feel very welcome and in fact given a double upgrade on the room because the hotel was quiet as is a lot of Florence because of the pandemic, The room was spotlessly clean with a lovely firm and comfortable bed. I loved the marble en-suite shower room. Breakfast was a little lacklustre, uninspired and brought to the room, but i put that down to the difficulties and restrictions of covid, it was always brought by someone cheerful and charming. I did book to use the spa and for a massage, but i do think that both were very overpriced given the facilities. The spa is for two people and therefore small, and although it is sparkling clean it is small and limited to a sauna, steam room and bathtub/jacuzzi which you need to fill yourself. It’s £60 to use the facility. A few days before my arrival I had pre-booked a massage and to use the spa. There is a massage list of about ten available massages, but when i asked the masseur for the 70 minute massage, i was told I could only have 50 minutes as he has another appointment at another hotel, he also did not give me a choice of massage. The massage was ok, but not stellar, and three times the price of a massage by a qualified sports masseur in London. I really did not feel it worth the luxury price tag, and the masseurs manner did not make me feel that I as the guest was paying a premium price, especially as i had booked his time a few days in advance. I think the rooms and the hotel are well maintained, having seen the Cavour which someone quoted as 40% cheaper which had very scruffy public corridors with chipped paintwork and stained carpets. I would stay here again for the location and staff who I could not fault, but I think the breakfast range could be significantly more interesting, especially as there is a beautiful patisserie next door.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2020

Great hotel and welcome from reception team was lovely bearing in mind the strange times we are living in. Our room was beautifully, lovely 4 poster bed and a jacuzzi bath with Jo Malone toiletries. In accordance with current restrictions we had breakfast in the dining area one morning and in the 2nd chose to have it in our room. We stayed for 2 nights which is plenty to see the main sights of Florence. The location is ideal as everything is close by and there are a couple of eateries right next to the hotel which serve very good food. We travelled around Italy for 11 days staying in 3 other hotels around Tuscany and this hotel was by far my favourite.

Date of stay: September 2020
S Firenze, Direttore generale at San Firenze Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2020

Dear Anni M
thank you for finding the time to leave us such a beautiful review. It means a lot for us that people enjoy their stay at the San Firenze Suites & SPA, specially during such a difficult period of time. My staff and I work effortlessly to make our guests stay as pleasant as possible.

I hope to welcome you again at the property when your travel plans will bring you back to Florence
Massimiliano D - General Manager

Reviewed 13 September 2020

the place is pretentious, it charges 5 star prices, even though it is your typical 4 star boutique hotel. the whole place has an aura of stinginess (for example: water bottels in the mini bar cost 2 euro each a joke with room prices starting at EUR 200 a night, the picture they advertise with (table on the rooftop with spa) is part of a room (meaning it is not accessible for all but one guest) and so on... like: the spa is tiny and in the cellar (and costs EUR 60 an hour...)

location is great (next to palazzio veccio, ponte veccio and uffizi).

rooms are clean, but in our case the TV and (only on the last day) the a/c woud not work.

breakfast is minimal and complex (bring enough time)

the only really excellent thing about the place (and therefore I guess all the 5 bubble reviews) are the staff. Lavinia and Adrinano are extremly helpful and kind.

next time we will not stay there, but we will try hotel Cavour (same location but 40% cheaper, also 4 star and has a rooftop terrace accessible to all. if you have the time: check their picture on tripadvisor and compare it with San Firenze Suites & Spa, you will notice something :-)

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank Slow_Traveler_108
S Firenze, General Manager at San Firenze Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2020

Dear Slow_Traveler_108,

Thanks for your review, I am very pleased to hear that you valued the location of the property which is just a few minutes walk from the main attractions in town such as the Uffizi Gallery, Ponte Vecchio and Palazzo Vecchio.

Lavinia and Adriano thank you for your kind words and they would have been glad, together to all the staff to help you ( if only you had let us know) to solve problems you mentioned in the review.

Not all the 4 stars hotel in Florence offer central location, spacious and charming rooms with view on one of the most beautiful squares in Florence and a personalized attention to the guest, as our position on Tripadvisor clearly shows.

Please forgive me, but I definitely believe you should have tried the services, rooms and view of the rooms of the hotel you support before sharing your opinion on a public site or you can mislead other travelers.

I regret to inform you that we did not understand your comparison between the terraces of the 2 hotels. I can just confirm to all the readers that our terrace is a private one with Jacuzzi and solarium belonging to the Presidential Suite.

I kindly invite you to compare its cost to other suites of 4 or 5 stars hotels, which have definitely not its charm and its breathtaking view at 360-degree over Florence.

If you would like to come back to Florence and visit us, we would be more than glad to show you how much we are worth.
Massimiliano D - General Manager

Reviewed 14 August 2020

I see that the latest reviewer of San Firenze has beaten me to it in terms of superlatives for our stay at this lovely hotel.

Operating under COVID-19 restrictions must present every hotel with a massive challenge, but the team here made our stay (over a long weekend) supremely relaxing and enjoyable.

First things, first its location couldn't be better - a few minutes' walk from the Uffizi and less than ten minutes (max) from the Ponte Vecchio.

But even better than that were the staff - a lovely welcome on our arrival and superlative service throughout our stay, Even when things went awry - our shower fitting was leaking when we arrive, and there was an issue with the lift on our last evening - the team worked effortlessly to overcome any issues. When we ask for recommendations for hotels, they gave us several - all excellent. The Uffizi was booked. Bus timetables (to Siena) were ready at hand.

Nothing seemed too much. We wondered at time if we were the only people in the hotel, such was the attention we received.

Breakfast was served in our room every morning and was unfailingly great - with a wide range of items to choose from, all fresh and well-presented.

Our room (a junior suite) was clean, modern and lovely.

We would absolutely return to San Firenze given any chance.

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank LondonPhilC
S Firenze, Direttore generale at San Firenze Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2020

Dear LondonPhilC,

thank you for finding the time to leave us such beautiful review. I means to us so much that people enjoy their stay with us, especially during such tough time. every guest is important for us and so his/her needs, both during low seans and high season period. We always join our efforts to make our guests stay as much pleasant as possible.

our concierge is always at guests' disposal to make reservation in advance for museums and restaurants, considering that righ now all museums let enter a maximum number of people at time.

we hope to welcome you in the next future and we remain with our kindest regards
Masismiliano