“You MUST see Florence with AMAZING Angelo!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tour of Florence - Tours

Tour of Florence - Tours
Ranked #211 of 322 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour of Florence offers private and small group tours of Florence and Tuscany. Visit the Uffizi Gallery, the Pitti Palace, the Accademia, the Old Palace, Michelangelo's masterpieces with our excellent guides.
New York, New York, United States
“You MUST see Florence with AMAZING Angelo!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

After dreaming of Italy for years, I finally booked a trip this past October. My most anticipated destination was beautiful Florence. I was very intimidated by all the history and art it has to offer and really wanted to do Firenze justice. A friend recommended that I book a tour with Angelo and it ended up being the best advice of my trip. I absolutely loved it! Angelo is by far the BEST tour guide I've ever had.

Angelo speaks impeccable English. He's professional, funny, charming, extremely knowledgeable, and never ever boring. I was so captivated by his tour of the Uffizi Gallery that I'm still talking about it months later. After taking a tour with Angelo, you can't help but feel the same passion he does for art, history, and all things Florence. He also gave fantastic recommendations for places to eat, must sees, and day trips to the Tuscan countryside.

Florence was all I anticipated and more. I have very fond memories of my trip, and have Angelo to thank for such a wonderful experience. I've already recommended him to friends who are traveling there next month. If you're planning a trip to Florence too, I highly recommend Angelo Alterio.

Visited October 2011

New York City, New York
“A perfect way to see Florence and Tuscany”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

We (two couples) did several trips with Maurizio during our one week trip to Florence in August 2011. It was extremely hot during our stay, and having an air-conditioned, comfortable car with an incredibly engaging and knowledgeable guide (Maurizio himself) was a wonderful way to get re-acquainted with Florence. We also spent a day with him on a magical trip to San Gimingnano and Siena, with the perfect lunch stop at a winery in the Chianti region. We also had him pick us up on our arrival at the Pisa airport, and one of his colleagues took us to the airport in Florence on our departure. Both trips were perfectly on time and were a wonderful welcome and send off.

Maurizio helped to make our vacation memorable. He was always on time, delivered what he promised and more, and was totally charming during it all!

Visited August 2011
New York City, New York
“Amazing Tour with Amazing Angelo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

I fully enjoyed my Florence trip because of the tour I took with Angelo. First of all, his English is impeccable and he is warm, friendly and has a wonderful sense of humor. Trained in the italian classics, he has a well rounded knowledge of the arts, literature and history. Throughout the sites, he knows exactly what to point out that would interest our group and is very accomodating when we have special request or for rest stops. Being a foodie myself, Angelo also gave the best recommendations for gelato, coffee, drinks and dinners. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends.

Visited September 2011
london
“Angelo is a star guide.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

i have worked with Angelo many times, he has guided some student groups for me, as well as couples and individuals. He is unbelievable, with extensive knowledge and above all charm. he tailors the trip to your interest and is wonderfully patient with my inquisitive students. He makes his job look easy, but thats only because he is so professional. i adore him and as far as I'm concerned, he's the ONLY choice for a Florence / Italy guide......

Sydney, Australia
“Best of the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

I’m writing to express my sincere thanks to Angelo for a wonderful tour we recently took with you in Italy. We consider ourselves reasonably experienced travelers that have seen many parts of the world and I must say that your efforts match those of the most tried and true professionals we have engaged with. Rarely does one get to enjoy in such a magnificent manner all that you arranged for us, and we have to add that you managed to perform it with perfection. You are very passionate about your job and it shows it. You are truly the best of the best!

From the moment we met you, we have been impressed with your professionalism and knowledge. You were kind, patient and had a great personality. We’ve never had a tour guide who was able to cater to our needs and you definitely went out of your way to make this trip memorable for all of us. When we were done with our trip, we had a much better understanding of the history of Italy and was pleasantly surprised that we got to see everything on our checklist. Your recommendations of restaurants and places to shop were definitely the right choices. While we had a wonderful time in Florence, the time spent with you was by far the most enjoyable.
It was definitely a pleasure to have you as our tour guide. You gave us a solid first introduction to your country and we hope to visit you again soon. I would recommend anyone visiting Italy to hire you so they could share the same experience. To this day, we still have very fond memories of our tour with you. Many thanks for making it such a memorable vacation for our family.

Visited May 2011