28 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$182
TravelocityUS$173
Orbitz.comUS$173
4,094 results
All reviews happy hour free mini bar minute walk ponte vecchio other guests every evening walk along the river bus stop wonderful hotel home away from home our honeymoon pastries visit florence an easy walk breakfast room third floor main attractions
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 July 2022

Spent six nights at this wonderful hotel. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff in supporting you through a most enjoyable experience. The hotel is in a good location with public transport available just outside. Happy hour is a daily treat with snacks and drinks, and a great way to get to know your fellow guests. The room we had was a superior with a balcony. It is fantastic. Spacious, scrupulously clean, air conditioned, spacious bathroom, mini-safe, and gratis mini-fridge.

Staff were extremely supportive throughout, but especially in arranging our early morning airport transfer on departure. Everything went extremely smoothly. We cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

Thank you all for making our week in Florence a memorable one.

Date of stay: June 2022
Hotel David, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2022

Dear Guest,
I thank you for coming to stay here with us and I'm happy to see you had good time with us and nice to see you carry good memory about your trip.

Reviewed 30 June 2022

Our room was clean and spacious. The sitting/TV room was removed from the bedroom so if someone was napping they were not disturbed by the computer keyboard nor the TV. We also had a beautiful terrace where we could sit with coffee or a glass of wine and enjoy the breeze. The evening hospitality hour had a nice selection of beverages and snacks. Breakfast was Buffett style and very tasty. We hope to return to Hotel David one day.

Date of stay: May 2022
Hotel David, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2022

Dear Guest,
I thank you for coming to stay here with us and I'm happy to see you had good time with us I happy you wish to come back some days...:-)

Reviewed 27 June 2022 via mobile

Perfect, just perfect!
Spotlessly clean, well furnished rooms and run by lovely friendly staff. The hotel supplies extras that make all the difference and keeps this hotel number 1.
With all of beautiful Florence to see, we still enjoyed spending some time just sitting in the lovely courtyard.
Everything is just as described in many other reports, so just go! You will not regret staying at Hotel David, we will return for sure.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel David, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2022

Dear Guest,
I thank you for coming to stay here at the David and I'm happy to see you had good time here :-)

Reviewed 26 June 2022

Hotel David gets everything right. Everything they do is centered around the comfort and convenience of their guests, and around social responsibility.

The guest staff at the front desk are very friendly and helpful. From the very first day, they remember you, which room you are in, and your preferences.

Their guest amenities include a nice continental breakfast that you can enjoy in the dining room or on their spacious covered patio. They have coffee machines both inside and down on the patio so you can refill conveniently.

In the room, they have refrigerators stocked with waters, soft drinks and beer, all free and restocked daily. And if you run out in your room, they have a kitchen off the lobby that is also fully stocked with all the same items that you can grab at any time.

Each evening, they host a free happy hour with snacks, beer, wine and soft drinks.

Their guest rooms are spacious, comfortable, and beautifully decorated with colorful Italian tile.

There is really nothing I can think to improve upon. I'll admit it is a bit far from the city center, about a 15-20 minute walk depending on your destination, but I knew this at the time I reserved it so I'm not complaining. If it were more centrally located, it would easily earn 6 stars. Every hotel could learn a lesson in hospitality from Hotel David. If/when we ever return to Florence, there is no where else we would ever stay.

Room tip: I'm not sure there is a bad room at this hotel
1  Thank Scott D
Hotel David, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2022

Dear Guest,
I thank you for your words of appreciation and I'm happy to see appreciated our commitment to social responsability.

Reviewed 26 June 2022

This hotel is charming. It has two lovely courtyards that are quiet and relaxing. The hotel has very nice conveniences, such as a sitting room for guests, access to a computer and printer, and a kitchen with water, coffee and other snacks always available. It's located in a residential area about a 20 minute walk from city center and all the sights of Florence, so it's both convenient and an oasis away from the crowds. There's also a happy hour every evening for guests. The hotel staff is welcoming and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Overall, a wonderful choice.

Room tip: Room #1 was wonderful and has its own private patio.

Dear Guest,
I thank you for coming to stay with us and Iìm happy to see you had good time with us.
Gabriel Cecioni