29 people are viewing this hotel
TravelocityUS$173
PricelineUS$182
Orbitz.comUS$173
4,094 results
All reviews happy hour free mini bar minute walk ponte vecchio other guests every evening walk along the river bus stop wonderful hotel home away from home our honeymoon pastries visit florence an easy walk breakfast room third floor main attractions
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 June 2022

Hotel David gets everything right. Everything they do is centered around the comfort and convenience of their guests, and around social responsibility.

The guest staff at the front desk are very friendly and helpful. From the very first day, they remember you, which room you are in, and your preferences.

Their guest amenities include a nice continental breakfast that you can enjoy in the dining room or on their spacious covered patio. They have coffee machines both inside and down on the patio so you can refill conveniently.

In the room, they have refrigerators stocked with waters, soft drinks and beer, all free and restocked daily. And if you run out in your room, they have a kitchen off the lobby that is also fully stocked with all the same items that you can grab at any time.

Each evening, they host a free happy hour with snacks, beer, wine and soft drinks.

Their guest rooms are spacious, comfortable, and beautifully decorated with colorful Italian tile.

There is really nothing I can think to improve upon. I'll admit it is a bit far from the city center, about a 15-20 minute walk depending on your destination, but I knew this at the time I reserved it so I'm not complaining. If it were more centrally located, it would easily earn 6 stars. Every hotel could learn a lesson in hospitality from Hotel David. If/when we ever return to Florence, there is no where else we would ever stay.

Room tip: I'm not sure there is a bad room at this hotel
1  Thank Scott D
Hotel David, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2022

Dear Guest,
I thank you for your words of appreciation and I'm happy to see appreciated our commitment to social responsability.

Reviewed 26 June 2022

This hotel is charming. It has two lovely courtyards that are quiet and relaxing. The hotel has very nice conveniences, such as a sitting room for guests, access to a computer and printer, and a kitchen with water, coffee and other snacks always available. It's located in a residential area about a 20 minute walk from city center and all the sights of Florence, so it's both convenient and an oasis away from the crowds. There's also a happy hour every evening for guests. The hotel staff is welcoming and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Overall, a wonderful choice.

Room tip: Room #1 was wonderful and has its own private patio.

Dear Guest,
I thank you for coming to stay with us and Iìm happy to see you had good time with us.
Gabriel Cecioni

Reviewed 20 June 2022

Very convenient location - an easy walk to most sights. Clean rooms with comfortable beds. Excellent service with a smile. Free parking. The complimentary coffee, snacks, and happy hour really elevate the experience!

Date of stay: June 2022
Hotel David, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2022

Dear Guest,
I thank you for your words of appreciation and I'm happy you carry with you good memories of your vacation to Florence.

Reviewed 19 June 2022

We had a fantastic stay here. Lovely hotel and the staff are so incredibly helpful and friendly. They can’t do enough. The hotel is located about 15 minutes walk to the Ponte Vecchio bridge which is ideal, as it’s slightly out the way of a very business city centre and therefore more peaceful, but a lovely walk along the river. There’s a lovely cafe next door for lunches and some great restaurants within a couple of minutes walk.

Our room was lovely, as is the entire hotel. Great buffet breakfast and every evening between 7 and 8 they put on drinks and snacks and there’s a great area outside to relax. There’s also drinks in your room and water at any time - much needed in the heat.

Hotel Florence deserves its high rating, we had a wonderful stay.

Date of stay: June 2022
Hotel David, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2022

Dear Guest,
I thank you for coming to stay here at the David and I'm happy to see you had good time with us.

Reviewed 18 June 2022

Very good Hotel on the edge of the city centre. n About 30 minutes walk from the historic centre(duomo, Pomte Vecchia , etc). Very clean, well run, excellent staff and service and although a bit expensive its not bad by Firenze standards.
Rooms are a good size and airy with large bathrooms and great showers. Rooms on ground floor all had double doors to ensure you have a quiet night.
Breakfast great, free 'happy hour' every evening and a free mini bar. All the staff were excellent.

Room tip: It doesn't matter, I have used 2 and both were great

Dear Guest,
I thank you for coming to stay here at the David I'm glad you had good time and you appreciated our way to host you and I'm happy you carry good memoriy of your trip to Florence.