Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
3,966 results
All reviews happy hour free mini bar minute phone call minute walk ponte vecchio other guests every evening walk along the river free wifi bus stop wonderful hotel home away from home our honeymoon visiting florence our room was spacious around the corner an easy walk
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2021

I have stayed here in the past and have always found it to be an exceptional hotel. I had a booking this time but, like many others, was prevented due to this awful pandemic. While I had to fight to get any sort of compensation from my airline and other travel arrangements the owner of the David simply cancelled my reservation without any penalty or questions asked - and this was just a a day or so before we were due to arrive!

I read reviews on other hotels on TA and frequently see the phrase "nothing is too much trouble". In the case of the David it is 100% accurate.

2  Thank UKcritic
HotelDavid Firenze, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2021

Dear Guest,
Since ever Hotel David has been considering its Guests like friends who come over to visit Florence and to stay with us. You gave us the energy to improve our little hotel and make an ideal place where your problems become our problems and where the joy of an experience in Florence become our goal. You will always find a friend here and this is the reason why it is so special.
Thank you for sharing your experience I'm sure it is useful for other travelers to choose their hotel in Florence.
Stay safe and see you in the future.

Reviewed 8 October 2020

My first wonderful trip to Florence. We could not have stayed anywhere more perfect. We had a suite, which had a stunning terrace with views over the Duomo. The people at the hotel were very sympathetic and we felt safe and looked after in these strange times. Also the happy hour was a lovely touch and we had an aperoil spritz in their pretty garden. A perfect stay, nice hotel staff and a lovely, special hotel.

Room tip: The suite Room 31 is gorgeous and has a lovely private terrace.
4  Thank Robber222
HotelDavid Firenze, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2020

Dear Guest,
Your words of appreciation make this situation less heavy :-)
I'm happy you carry good memories about the hotel and the time spent in Florence I'm sure next year it will be better!

Reviewed 7 October 2020 via mobile

I love Hotel David ! This is the second time we have stayed here, the first time we got an upgrade to the junior suite and second time we had to book it so we didn’t miss out. You could live in this room, I would never get bored of sitting on that terrace looking out at the Duomo and all the other sights. Immaculately clean, amazing toiletries in the bathroom, delicious breakfast and the famous happy hour in the garden. I like it’s location, you are not that far out of town and the walk along the river is beautiful. If you are travelling to the train station the C4 bus stops right outside the hotel and a ticket is only €1.50. A very special hotel and the only place I would ever stay in Florence.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank HelenM4960
HotelDavid Firenze, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2020

Dear Guest,
Nice to see you carry good memory of your trip to Florence and I'm glad you had good time at the David too.
Now that the numbers are rising we had to change again so happy hour is temphorary suspended and breakfast is still possible but in the room...but doing so we can host you :-)

Reviewed 2 October 2020

What can I add to the other great reviews of this place? We had been on a hectic 8 night tour prior to staying here and being able to enjoy Florence, then retreat back to the David for drinks and canapés, whilst just reading and relaxing in the lounge was a real treat.
Breakfast, with all measures in place, was great and the service fantastic at all times.
Our room was spacious and despite the nearby busy road, extremely quiet. All linens were pristine and the bed very comfortable, a good nights sleep was guaranteed.
We would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again if revisiting Florence.

4  Thank 927suerev
HotelDavid Firenze, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2020

Dear Guest,
I thank you for your words of appreciation and we are sorry to advice that our happy hour is going to be supended for the winter due to the covid....yes we kept it till the time you could have it in the garden but now that tempherature went down we are not able to have it inside out living room...too many people together is not good :-) but it wil be back and better than before I assure you!

Reviewed 30 September 2020

Yes, the rooms are: clean, larger than you’d expect, and quiet. You’ve read about the friendliness of the staff, the WIFI, the snacks, and cocktails. For us, the most appreciated aspect of the hotel was its calmness where we could relax, enjoy being in Florence, and plan our next trips to the museums and restaurants, and all those beautiful sites etc.
I confess that before arriving, we were concerned about the distance into the middle of the city. If you are likewise concerned, let me reassure you – in retrospect, this was another positive. We were able to look at and enjoy the life of the city, its ambiance. The views were along the river, the Italian buildings, hotels, churches, and we saw aspects of Florence that most visitors miss. Additionally, in regards to those restaurants, we needed the exercise!
We will most certainly return to the Hotel David.

Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank Cmcvey
HotelDavid Firenze, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2020

Dear Guest,
I thank you for your words of appreciation now more than ever we need to relax and recharge!
Unfortunately numbers are rising and this was expected and we are ready for the battle of the winter but we will need to reduce our social activity so happy hour will be postponed till the time we will be able to set it outside :-( and I'm sure that breakfast too will be possible only in the room... but we will manage to make it enjoyable anyway and when the time will come we will do again everything as before.