3,554 results
All reviewshappy hourfree mini barfree phoneminute phone callminute walkponte vecchioother guestsevery eveningwalk along the riverrecommend hotelbus stopbottle of champagnewonderful hotelhome away from homefavorite hotelloved this hotelour honeymoon
Reviewed 13 August 2015

I'm not a huge fan of Florence, but I did love this great little Tuscan style hotel on the edge of town. You have to walk about 20 minutes to where all the action is (there are buses & taxis available), that can be a good or bad thing depending on how mobile you are. Staff was excellent and friendly. The room was very spacious, had A/C on a hot day, and even our own private patio. Not a luxury hotel, but I'd recommend this over many luxury hotels that I've stayed at.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
HotelDavid F, Proprietario at Hotel David, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2015

Dear Guest,
I thank you for choosing David for your stay here in Florence, you are right when you say that we are not a Luxury Hotel!

Reviewed 11 August 2015

Excellent hotel very friendly and helpful. Very clean comfortable room, bathroom and shower very good. Breakfast caters to all tastes.Happy Hour free wine beer nibbles lots of them, nice courtyard. You can park your car there and take the bus into Florence choice of buses the 23 or D bus which are very near to the hotel.

Room Tip: 3rd floor where we were does not get much traffic noise
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I thank you for coming to stay here at the David and thank you for the useful tips you decided to share with the community.

Reviewed 9 August 2015

This was our second stay at the Hotel David and it was even better than the last. There are a number of reasons why reviewers keep voting it #1 for several years running. First, the location is perfect-- close enough to the old city, but across the Arno where it is quiet and away from the hoards of tourists. Second, the hotel is not at all fancy or chic, but the rooms are clean, bright, comfortable, and well maintained. Third, and most notably, the service is spectacular. The staff is always present, around the clock, with a smile and a kind word. In addition to the lovely breakfast, they serve food and beverages in the afternoon as a sort of "Happy Hour". If you're thirsty, there is a fridge filled with water, juices, sodas, beers right behind the front desk-- "Please, go ahead, make yourself at home!" You really feel like you're staying in a home, not a hotel. Again, this is not a Luxury 5-Star Hotel, but it hits all the marks. I will definitely stay here anytime I get the chance to visit this magnificent city! Kudos!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
I thank you for coming to stay here at the David I'm happy to see that you had good time and you felt at home away from home!
Gabriele Cecioni
Ps. You got our purpose not to ne a Luxory 5 star hotel but a nice 3 star hotel where the staff does the best to make you feel at home!

Reviewed 8 August 2015

My wife and I with our 2 daughters 15 and 20, recently stayed here for 3 nights in a family room. The hotel staff greet you like a long lost friend and explain all of the features of the hotel and surrounding area. We dined out twice in quiet, local restaurants that mainly cater for locals. Breakfasts are in terrace in the back of the hotel and each night there is a free happy hour on a leafy terrace in the front. Everything about the hotel is like a friend's open house. Nothing is too much trouble and all staff are keen to help with any request you may have. It was great experience for all of us and we will stay here again when we come back to Florence.

Room Tip: The family rooms have a full size single beds, not pull out sofa beds
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
I thank you for coming to stay here at the David I'm glad you found the hotel comfortable for a family of 4 even if it's not our core business and I'm even happier you think to come back here next time you will come to Florence!

Reviewed 7 August 2015

We really enjoyed our short stay at Hotel David. To start, we had a rough morning getting to Florence (missed our high speed train by about 2 minutes) so we weren't in a very good mood upon arrival, but the kind folks at Hotel David gave us a room upgrade (we didn't even ask) We got a beautiful terrace that had a lovely view of Florence. It was just what we needed! The breakfast was excellent and the staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I thank you for coming to stay here at the David, I'm happy we turned your day into a positive one and I'm sure you will be back next time you decide to come to Florence!