“Great stay in Florence”

Ranked #1 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Houston, Texas
“Great stay in Florence”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here in September 2011 -- we booked this place based on the reviews we found on TripAdvisor. We were happy with our hotel.

We drove to this hotel and were able to park our rental car here for free.

Once we arrived in the hotel, we did not use our car during our stay. We walked across the Ponte Vecchio (bridge) to get to all of the main Florence attractions.

The elevator is quite small -- my boyfriend and I wedged into it with our bags -- not a problem but just a note.

I was able to use the washer/dryer located on the top floor to wash some of our clothes. There was a small fee to use the equipment.

Breakfast was great and had a good selection. Having free internet was also very helpful.

I enjoyed that our room had electric blackout shutters to seal out the light from outside.

The bathroom was the largest bathroom out of all the Italian hotels we stayed at during our September trip.

There's a great restaurant within walking distance from the hotel (will update this review with the name).

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SilverStream
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 5 February 2012
Dear Guest,
I thank you for your post we are all very happy you had good time and the photos you did are great!
We wait for you next time you decide to come to visit Florence again!
My best,
Gabriele Cecioni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My family and I stayed here in March 2011 and this hotel was a highlight of our Italian adventure. This was my fourth time to Florence and definitely my favourite hotel.

The walk to the Uffizzi was about 15 minutes.. very easy to get around. Being a bit away was a blessing because it was less hectic but close enough.

The service was outstanding.
Breakfast was very good but the capuccino's were outstanding...
Each night we had a 'happy hour' with wine, drinks and snacks
In the room, we had refreshements and snacks
Each day you can make a call home
Free internet

There is no better value.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank sunschein44
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your post on this traveller's community all the staff is very happy you had good time in Florence and you have good memories of your trip; we will do all we can to make this place as better as possible!
I wish you all the best for 2012!
St. Louis
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Hotel David is indeed wonderful. The rooms are clean and bright, the Internet is free and fast, the freebies are enjoyable and the daily wine and snacks are delicious. We enjoyed the walk to the Ponte Vecchio but it is also quite easy to take the bus. Remember the buses do not run late into the evening. We were there in September and I believe they stopped around 8:30. One night we walked back to the hotel around eleven and felt very safe. Upon arrival in Florence, we took a bus from the train station...Bus D. You catch it right outside of the station. Look for the sign for taxis. There is a sign for Bus D right next to where the taxis are located. Hotel David is the end of the line for the bus. When you get off the bus, walk straight across a small park area, cross the street, pass Cafe Michelangelo and you are at the hotel. It was easy taking the bus. We each had a small suitcase and a backpack. When we left Florence, we took the bus to an area with lots of car rental places where we picked up a car and headed to Tuscany. If you are a light sleeper, you should request a room away from the street

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
10 Thank mobt
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Dear Guest,
I thank you for your post I very happy you had good time with us and you enjoyed our location and our city public trasportation it is very convenient and you get to downtown in 4 minutes!
My best wishes for a wonderful 2012!
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I booked this hotel based on reviews by other travellers so thank you to them! We liked this hotel very much - it is pretty much as others have said. The welcome that you receive is very welcoming, the large bedroom was very well appointed and it is extremely good value for money. There was a happy hour which we went to and the breakfast in the morning was very good. It is a good 20 minute walk from the centre of Florence so be aware of that when booking this hotel. It certainly was not a drawback for us and we would stay here again if we were in Florence.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Miss_Pie
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 29 December 2011
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your time to write your review even now that it's Christmas time and very likely you are busy with your relatives...I'm so happy you had good time here and you enjoyed our hospitality and I see you appreciated the advantage to be little bit outside town!
My best wishes for a better 2012!!
Reviewed 12 December 2011

This hotel is amazing, you can tell they have read every one of their reviews and responded to them by making upgrades in services and facilities until they've made themselves pretty much the perfect hotel!

It's reasonably priced, the staff are amazingly helpful, friendly, efficient, everything you want from the person who makes you feel at home in a place. It's far enough away from the hustle and bustle that you can get a good night's sleep, but you still feel like you're inside Florence. Definitely a good location.

The rooms are great, every little convenience is included. The only thing that was lacking for me was mosquito screens on the window as I would have preferred to open the window (it was hot) rather than use the air conditioning, but there were a few mosquitos. They did include a mosquito repellant plug in in the room, but I'm not fond of sleeping with those on.

The breakfast was hearty and a great selection of food. The breakfast server is nice and will make you a machine coffee if you ask for it, but wont offer.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Anita J
HDavid, Owner at Hotel David, responded to this review, 17 December 2011
Dear Guest,
I really thank you for this feedback we are all very happy you had good time with us I assure you that we are all working harder than ever to make this place even better!
I witsh you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year!
My best,