1,332 results
All reviews borgo pinti la giostra quiet street charming hotel jacuzzi bath beautiful courtyard within walking distance antique furniture old world charm main building the ground floor old palace pastries breakfast room single room main attractions side street
Reviewed 21 September 2018

My wife and I stayed here in early Sept 2018. We were upgraded to the junior suite. It was a large room unlike anything we had seen in Europe. Tall ceilings, a breakfast table, a coach and lots of room. A little noisy until midnight but, after all it is Florence and it is Italy. The staff was very helpful also.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

3 night City break to celebrate 30 years marriage. Very helpful staff throughout the stay. Good location for Duomo and all the major sights. Hotel has character that reflects its age. Air conditioning worked well and room was fine for the little time we spent there. So much to see in Florence that we returned to the room late and tired each day and slept well in the quiet location.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

We stayed at the hotel from 7/16 thru 7/19/2018. We checked out of the hotel on 7/20 and paid them cash for the taxes, etc. They charged our credit card on 7/19 and have refused to take it off our card. Please be aware of their hotel policy.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Resort696145
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Almost everything is great about this hotel: location, service, breakfast and overall experience. It is located in an old building and even room decor, while not my taste, adds to the old time charm.
Two issues in the room that would make it even better.
One minor: lack of electrical outlets to charge your devices.
One major: absolutely horrible mattress. We both thought it felt like sleeping on a piece of wood. Would have expected better at a 4 star hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2018

I know a lot of people really enjoyed their experience here, and to be honest this is the only hotel I stayed at in Florence so my view might be limited. However, considering this is a four star hotel, I was not satisfied with the room. We stayed at 4 star hotels in Rome and Venice and we thought this hotel seemed "old." Now, the decor of the place is designed to give you an old, back in the day type of feel. Some things just felt old though.

dislikes:
* the ac was not that great. We were able to get our room cold enough to be comfortable but it took a very long time
*the breakfast area had little fruit flies near the food. I saw them for three mornings straight!
*bathroom shower/tube area - atleast in our room was off center and made it difficult to shower since the plumbing was skewed to the right

likes:
*semi private entrance to our room
*hotel is quiet even though it is close to all the attractions

It is not a bad hotel. I guess I just had higher expectations since it was rated 4 stars. If you are into the "quaint" feeling this hotel is for you. If you want something modern then I would look elsewhere.

Date of stay: August 2018