1,159 results
All reviews rooftop bar ponte vecchio lungarno collection relax room ferragamo family ferragamo toiletries the penthouse fusion bar sister hotel arno river stylish hotel perfect location our honeymoon amazing hotel favorite hotel dinner reservations restaurant recommendations
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Spent 3 days at the Hotel Continentale from the Lungarno collection. Amazing, high quality hotel, exceptional service. Staff were extremely helpful, attentive, to ensure our stay in Florence was what we wanted it to be. The roof top terrace bar is perfect for the 5pm aperitivo and to watch the sunset over Pontevecchio. The rooms are unique and well equipped, thoughtful touches to make your stay even more comfortable. Staff are fluently bilingual, and were able to understand all of our needs and requests.

We dined at the restaurants of the partner hotels. The Asian Fusion restaurant across the street had creative and fabulous sushi, and the Caffe del Orro served a very original Mediterranean menu, including a parmesan tray featuring parmesans aged 12-101 months!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
sbonetti, General Manager at Continentale Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear Road176803,

Thank you for the lovely review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience at the Hotel Continentale.

We are pleased to invite you to try our relaxing White Iris Spa for your next stay.

We look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Arrivederci a presto!

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Great hotel, relaxing interior very romantic view.

The staff were very nice and very helpfull.

The room was amazing , great location it's exactly on the golden bridge and near all other attractions (shopping, historical things..etc)

It has a Very nice rooftop.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Sara A,

Thank you for the great review. Your lovely feedback will motivate our team.

As you noted, our location is unique in Florence, just a few steps away from historical masterpieces such as Ponte Vecchio, S. Maria del Fiore Basilica and Pitti Palace.

We look forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

We had a beautiful room with amazing views of the River Arno and Ponte Vecchio. Breakfast daily was delicious. Location of the hotel is perfect 5-10min walk to many attractions including ATM right across the street. They made our anniversary stay very special. Francesca was such a pleasure to work with on planning our stay. Even at the last minute she was able to get a car service for shopping outside Florence and visiting Piazzale Michelangelo; And provided a great dinner recommendation at 11:30pm! Paolo even walked us right over to the restaurant. Now that's service!! He was also very helpful ensuring we didn't feel lost as we came in and out of the hotel during our stay and also helped during our departure. The rooftop bar was a lot of fun and busy - Laura was the best! She introduced us to Cynar and also was very accommodating in special requests my husband had with some cocktails. Finally I did get to enjoy their spa with Henda. She is amazing - I had the best 2 hr manicure and pedicure ever!! They have Comfort Zone treatments that I'll definitely try next time I'm back. It was really convenient that the hotel had all the amenities we needed right there. We'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MBNT
sbonetti, Direttore at Continentale Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear MBNT,

thank you so much for the lovely review! We love to be AMAZING!

We are delighted that you enjoyed our outstanding location (just three steps from Ponte Vecchio) as well as our delicious breakfast, our cozy White Iris Spa and our unique rooftop bar La Terrazza.

We would also like to thank you for celebrating your anniversary with us.

Francesca, Paolo, Laura & Henda look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Arrivederci a presto!

Reviewed 4 October 2018

I don't really use Tripadvisor to write up reviews of my stays, but I'll make this an exception. I was supposed to arrive in the afternoon. But thanks to airport/aircraft delays, I arrived in Florence at night. Nevertheless, I received a warm welcome from the staff as I entered the hotel, something you don't always experience from a property even if it's a 5 star.

Check in was smooth. The staff made sure I had everything I needed. They also notified the restaurant I had reservations with that night that I will be late because of my flight. I also received a warm welcome from Silvia, the manager. Make sure you email or add her on whatsapp and she will attend to your needs. She made sure everyday that my stay was pleasant.

Location is perfect. It's within Ponte Vecchio; restaurants and museums are all within walking distance. The rooftop bar is a must; the views of Ponte Vecchio and Florence are breathtaking. It is important that you make reservations in advance whether you are a hotel guest or not; it is a small bar and it does fill up before sunset. It is always full around this time everyday, so reservations are a must.

The rooms' design language lean towards the minimalist/trendy side. So this is something to consider if you are very particular about how your room looks. I personally loved it. When I entered the room, a small box of chocolates, and a bottle of prosecco with two glasses were waiting for me. I was travelling solo, so I was happy to drink the prosecco myself while enjoying views of the Ponte Vecchio by my window.

Normally I am skeptical of hotels recommending restaurants. Especially in this case, as this chain of hotels is owned by the Ferragamo family, who happens to own restaurants in the area as well. But Florence is quite small, and the staff knows which restaurants are ACTUALLY excellent. The restaurant that they own, "Borgo San Jacopo" was recommended to me after my preferred restaurant was not available. It was excellent and I would certainly come back. Two other restaurants that were recommended to me were "Cibreo" and "Il Barretto"; both are excellent restaurants as well. It is actually hard to have a bad meal in Florence, but I always welcome recommendations and the hotel staff did a great job. The staff (and Silvia) always asked me how my restaurant experiences were, making sure that they made the right call. Again, I appreciate small things like this.

I would recommend this property for couples, small families, and solo travellers. It is a boutique property, so don't expect for it to have a wide variety of amenities found in bigger hotels. They do have a spa though, but I cannot speak for that as I never used it when I was there.

Overall, my stay was "Perfetto". You won't regret staying here. I would like to thank Silvia, Francesca and Christina for making my stay as pleasant as possible. Grazie mille!

Room Tip: Rooms with views of the Ponte Vecchio can be somewhat noisy during early in the evening because of tourists, but not a deal breaker.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank Austin O
sbonetti, General Manager at Continentale Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear Austin O,

Thank you from all Hotel Continentale Team for the wonderful feedback about your recent stay here with us, you doubtlessly made our day!

We are honoured to read that staying here in the heart of Florence inspired you on sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

Our aim is to feel our guest welcomed as soon as they step in the doors of our Hotel. Learning that you had this Florentine experience make us feel that we are doing well always moving to improve ourselves.

I will share your feedback with out Reception Team who is always striving to find genuine, local restaurants where guest can experience the real Italian atmosphere as they were locals.
I will also share the feedback with our michelin star restaurant Borgo San Jacopo, i am sure they will be also delighted to know your comments.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon in the not too distant future to offer you another unique moments in the center of Florence...

A presto,

Hotel Continentale Team

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

We LOVED our stay at the hotel. Friendly and informative staff, clean rooms with incredible views ,concierge well connected
easy walking everywhere

Excellent location. Our rooftop room was really great.
special thanks to Christina from reception desk who make our staying very enjoyable and unforgettable .
We definitely wish to come back on this hotel .
Mira and Uri

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
sbonetti, Direttore at Continentale Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Mira and Uri,

thank you so much for the lovely review, your feedback is truly important to us.

Cristina and all the team would be honored to welcoming you back soon for another amazing stay.

Arrivederci a presto,