“Great Experience”

and up
A NIGHT AT THE OPERA SAINT MARKS FLORENCE
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Love Duets’ Concert: you do not have to be a lover of Italian Opera to enjoy this wonderful evening. It’s set in a small church from 1800’s. You have a piano, soprano & tenor performing Opera’s love song and Italian love songs. The setting and performance is overwhelmingly powerful. You’ll be moved to tears by the emotions. Not to be missed.
Reviewed 30 October 2018

When I was looking for opera performances to attend during my recent trip, I could not find one for the theater I went to 10 years ago. I saw that St. Mark's gave performances and saw the wonderful reviews online. I admit, I was a bit skeptical, but I really wanted to see an opera. I reserved one ticket for Carmen online about two weeks before my trip. I received a prompt response that they received my request and all was set. What a wonderful experience! Do not let the venue dissuade you - it actually adds to the performance. Having the performers so close pulls you into the opera! Each performer had wonderful voices and rivaled those I have seen in bigger venues. I actually had goosebumps a couple of times. I enjoyed it so much, that as soon as I arrived at my hotel after Carmen, I sent a request for the next night's performance - Love Duets. It was equally enjoyable. Yet again, I decided to go a third night and saw La Traviata. Franz (who manages the performances and was the pianist for the Duets performance) is so kind and funny. I believe his wife helps with ticketing and was so cheerful and welcoming. Being a solo traveler, it gave me a wonderful reason to be out at night. Whenever I visit Florence again, I will be sure to get a ticket for at least one performance. Bravo, Opera at St. Mark's, you are all stars.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,096)
All reviews
in 158 reviews
"carmen"
in 96 reviews

Reviewed 28 October 2018

This was one of our favourite evenings of our almost month trip to Italy. We went to the Love Duets with two wonderful singers, Maria Salvini and Franco Rossi, and pianist and organizer Franz Moser. St. Mark's is a beautiful little church and created a perfect atmosphere for the music. How can you beat being just a few feet away from such gorgeous singing. We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and it was a perfect evening. Thank you!

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Went last night to St. Mark’s to hear Three Tenors. If I could give it 15 Stars I would. If you are in town and can make it to one of their opera performances, by all means, go! Great quality, supporting a wonderful ministry!

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Some friends and I went to a dinner and the Opera. It was an amazing experience. The 2 singers had fantastic voices, and were also great actors. The pianist was outstanding. He was also the MC of the night. Very easy to follow and he has good humour. A must see event.