“Excellent Food - Great Quality of Meat”

Chianineria - Trattoria dall'Oste
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Chianineria - Trattoria dall'Oste is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 2,885 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$19 - US$65
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Maria Novella
Description: An Osteria should not be missed to let people appreciate Tuscan cooking, specialty REAL FLORENTINE STEAK. 'Trattoria dall oste is located just near the Dominican Church of Santa Maria Novella and the Central Railway Station. When at the Trattoria , customers are surrounded by a modern atmosphere matching with old pieces of furniture, which convey a sense of comfort, peace and hospitality.
Reviewed 15 December 2017

We attended this restaurant solely based on the excellent reviews it got from Trip Advisor. This restaurant has one of the best selection of wines than most restaurants. The house wine was good. We went there with the intention of trying the Florentine steak. We didn’t realize the size of this thing until it came to the table. We ordered a ravioli pasta dish each to start, followed by their famous Florentine t-bone.

Now the issue I had with this place is that our server did not warn us that ordering the pasta would be extreme. I noticed they did not warn us of this in an attempt to up-sell us, which we did not appreciate, as my appetite diminished, and I had to force down the delicious steak, making it less enjoyable.

There was no preview of the steak prior to it being cooked like other steak restaurants do in Florence. I believe they list their steak at 87€ per KG. Without our consent they brought us a 1.2 KG steak for the 2 of us to share, which easily could have fed 4-6 people. The steak ended up costing 97€+.

The service was excellent and the atmosphere was good.

Despite the up selling and no preview of cut of meat, this had to be one of the best restaurants in Florence, and probably one of the best steaks I’ve had.

I would highly recommend this place. Just be aware of my above warnings.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,065)

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Me and friends had dinner in this restaurant. We dont have any idea as to where we will eat in Florence but we saw this restaurant when we were on our way to the mall outlet. When we came in, the restaurant is filled with people enjoying thier dinner. We have to wait around 5 minutes before we get a table but its worth the wait.We are 4 but in order not to wait too long, we decided to divide us into to because its easier to get a table for two than a table for four. The food is really good and they served it in a very appetizing way, and not expensive. We ordered a meny that consist of bruschetta as starter, then followed by a very delicous steak that is around 400-500 g, potatoes and salad. This is for me a very heavy dinner I ate just 1/2 of of the steak. Then we got wine and water and paid just 29.90 euro. If we will have the same dinner like this in Norway then we will surely pay 3x more than 29.90 euro. My only comment is that I ordered a well done steak but I received medium. The staff are nice and accommodating. We recieved a shot of lemonade for free after we paid. It was good. I will surely recommend this restaurant and will come back here when I visit Florence again. We forgot to give tip to the nice staff but we will do it next time.

2  Thank djs762016
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

I’ve been to many many steakhouses, Mortons, CUT, etc but this was the best steak meal I had.
I ordered the Kobe beef and their traditional Florentine T-bone.
The Kobe beef was prepared and cooked by the staff in front of you on a hot pan.
The Florentine steak is already sizzling when served to you.
The quality of the steak together with the cooking perfection is really amazing.
We went back again 2 days later and ordered the Kobe again but ordered a wagyu t-bone this time. Again, incredible!
Compared to CUT, where a A5 wagyu would cost you 3 times more, this place served a wayyy better steak. Highly highly recommend.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

We ate several times at the Dall Oste and went back because of the variety, quality and the service. The ambience is amazing and the pasta not to mention the florentine steak is a lifetime memory!!!!! The ambience is attentive and the wine wonderful. Do not miss this on Florence. We took great advantage of the "da portare" or take out for we were with a big family group and it was wonderful.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

One good thing about not being peak travel season is being able to walk in and be seated at popular places. Trattoria dall Oste offered up a meat sauce treat before dinner and the best Kobe steak. Tender and tasty.
Matched with a delicious local red it was an absolute delight. Service was great and the staff lovely. Topped off with a gift of the tasty olive oil it was a meal to be remembered