“Service with a grimace”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped by for lunch, had a lovely wild boar ragu with a glass of montepulciano. Extremely tasty, but be warned the waiting staff are pretty grim faced and absolutely zero smiles (despite my partner speaking Italian and trying to be friendly).

Date of visit: May 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We stopped by for lunch and was pleasently surprised with the quality of the food and the reasonable price in the middle of touristy Florence. The pasta was delicious, but unfortunately the service was terrible. We had to ask several times for everything from more wine to the bill. The waiters (we had two) really seemed to suffer from short term memory loss. I think we asked for the bill about 3 times. Such a shame regarding the quality of the kitchen.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I’m literally still eating my meal while writing this review! My wife and I just shared a traditional Bistecca a la Fiorentina, which can only be described as exceptional! I suggest the roast potatoes with this. Judging by the the other patrons and their food, the same could be said, I highly recommend this place! I would suggest that visitors don’t dismiss any establishment out of hand for looking uninteresting or drab. In this case, the magic does happen outside your comfort zone

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

After leaving Rome, we spent the day seeing the sights in Florence and stumbled upon da Ganino as I was scoping out a restaurant for my party of 8. I found the outdoor patio of the restaurant to have a section that had just come available. I am so glad we stopped in here. The pasta was simply amazing. I had the spaghetti with pepper and cream sauce. Two others at the table had the truffle pasta, one had carbonara, another had gnocchi in pesto sauce and another risotto with spinach. We all ate every single bite and were even served some fried dough with cheese and garlic “for the wait” that we all agreed we could eat a lot more of. Wonderful tiramisu rounded the meal. Do yourself a favor and stop in when in Florence! Your taste buds will delight!

Reviewed 10 May 2018

Our starter, described as fried bread balls with prosciutto and cheese, was delicious. A fantastic appetizer. The prosciutto was not too salty and the best we've had in Florence. The cheese was also great, and went perfectly with the bread and meat.

I had a fusilli in a tomato sauce and my wife had another pasta dish with beef. My tomato sauce was excellent. Lots of flavor and some spicy heat. Unfortunately the pasta was a little undercooked. My wife's pasta was very good though, no complaints.

House wine good value. Service was fine, no complaints.

Overall a pretty good restaurant. Not the best meal we've had in Florence, but certainly not bad.