“Escape to the Loft”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

markcI785...
San Sebastian - Donostia, Spain
“Escape to the Loft”
Reviewed 6 August 2019 for a stay in July 2019
person found this review helpful

We found the loft to be the perfect escape from the summer heat and crowds. It’s an excellent location in Pitti, with a traditional alimentary and bar, and modern (healthy food) cafe directly opposite. It’s very close to a variety of side street restaurants and bars and Piazza Santa Spirito, and 15 minutes walk to the city and tourist centre. Dominique is a wonderful host who has great pride in his apartment. The loft is very quiet, secure, meticulously clean, spacious, light and airy and very comfortable. The living area has a large window framed in plants, overlooking and internal light-well. We loved a few of the extra touches - the espresso pot, ground coffee and vino rosso and the washing machine. We would definitely return. Grazzie mille Dominique!

Date of stay: July 2019
7 Aug 2019
I wish to thank these nice guests so much for their very kind review and their sincere appreciative words. I really enjoyed hosting this charming couple. I am also grateful to them for having taken great care of the apartment during their stay. We would love to have them stay again with us at any time and maybe next time, for a longer period, to fully enjoy the city and the apartment they really liked. With no hesitation we would recommend these guests to other hosts.
LBlischke
“Florence Pitti Loft”
Reviewed 7 July 2019 for a stay in June 2019

My daughter and I arrived on June 8 to this absolutely spectacular Florence home. Located just down from the beautiful Pitti Palace and beautiful Boboli Gardens, this flat was the perfect home away from home. Dominque, a very gracious and endearing owner, met us as we arrived and gave a wonderful tour of the accommodations explaining everything to us, where all was situated within the home etc. There was even a welcome basket pasta, sauce, wine, and cookies as well as information about local restaurants and things to see and do. The flat was so beautifully decorated in antiques and so spacious. The owners even had lovely plants in the planter boxes which made it seem so homey on the outside. The large windows opened over a courtyard that was quiet though close to many restaurants, cafés and such. The bathroom was expansive and because there were two sinks, one inside the bathroom, and an area outside where one could ready themselves as well, it was so easy to quickly get ready for the day. The kitchen had everything needed to cook a home meal if wanting to purchase items close-by at the local market. The bedrooms were large and comfortable. Actually, the entire place was warm, inviting, and comfortable. The highlight of our trip was the wonderful day trip we took to the Chianti region and Corsini Villa. But on our way we found ourselves overlooking the beautiful city of Florence at a stunning top of the hill church. The view was extraordinary and we knew the day Dominique planned for us would be a special one. Once we reached the Villa, we had a terrific Tuscan lunch and wine tasting, as well as a private guided tour of the winery as well as the area where the olive oil is made. And the Villa grounds are spectacular; the gardens and Villa so full of rich history. It was a wonderful day with Dominique to explore the beautiful villa and topped off with a visit to the American Cemetery in Florence. Nearly 3400 American soldiers from WWll find their final resting place there, and the serenity and beauty of the countryside will take your breath away. We even had the pleasure of visiting with the Director and learning about this beautiful memorial. I never knew it existed and was so special given we had just celebrated all those who had fought for our freedom in the United States. It was a special day for us that Dominique wanted to share with us something that would mean so much to us. I can’t say enough about what a wonderful excursion it was. I would highly recommend the Pitti Loft for those looking for a wonderful and caring host, beautiful accommodations and all the personal touches to make your trip to Florence, Italy memorable. There is no need to ever stay anywhere else. This is truly your home away from home!

Date of stay: June 2019
9 Jul 2019
I wish to thank Laura so much for her very nice and so appreciative review! I really cannot thank her enough for all the compliments on the property and on me!
I really spent a great time with her and her smart and sweet adult daughter Olivia and I am delighted that they enjoyed all these moments too! They are very nice and charming guests with whom I really got on very well!
It was a real pleasure to have them stay in our loft and I am so glad they loved it.
I am delighted that they enjoyed the Winery tour to the Chianti countryside, just outside Florence. We spent a very nice day together during which we exchange with great pleasure and interest a lot of thoughts and ideas.
I am also very pleased to hear that they found our visit to the American Cemetery and Memorial an important and a memorable moment. That is, for me too, a memorable and an unforgettable day.
I also wish to thank them so much for having left the Loft in such perfect conditions. They really are the most ideal guests a host can think of!
I sincerely hope to meet them again in Florence in the future. Hopefully, this time the whole family will be able to come!
We do recommend without any hesitation these guests to any other hosts. All the best wishes to LAURA AND OLIVIA and GRAZIE MILLE!
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 1 June 2019 for a stay in May 2019

Date of stay: May 2019
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
2 Jun 2019
It was a real pleasure to host Michelle, Brian and Christi! they are very charming and smart guests! I am very happy they enjoyed Florence, the apartment and the neighborhood. It was really pleasant to exchange with them throughout their stay. I wish to thank them for having taken great care of the apartment. I do hope our paths will cross again in the future! highly recommend to other hosts. Best wishes to all of them!
Travis P
“Comfortable, elegant and perfectly located.”
Reviewed 2 October 2018 for a stay in September 2018

We had a great stay and loved the fact that we were within walking distance of the heart of the sights. The loft was very nice and the air conditioning was a welcomed treat. The owner was great to work with and went above to help us reserve a parking garage close by. This location will be top of list for future visits to the area.

Date of stay: September 2018
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
5 Oct 2018
I wish to thank these very charming guests for their kind review and their appreciative words about me and the apartment. I really enjoyed hosting them. I am also very grateful to them for having taken great care of the apartment. We would certainly love to have them stay again with us at any time and maybe for a longer period, if they wish. Guests highly recommended to other hosts! Grazie e arrivederci!
Dan B
“A great place in a perfect location with the best host!”
Reviewed 2 October 2018 for a stay in July 2018

My wife and our two teenage daughters (16 & 18) stayed here for 3 days and loved it. You can't ask for a better location, right across from Pitti Palace it is within walking distance to everything. It is safe, Gusto Pizza is right next door (great for your first night in!), there is a farmer's market a block away in the square with a handful of good restaurants and the host Dominique is amazing. Helpful, speaks perfect English, picked us up at the airport (even after waiting for our diversion to Pisa), booked us a personal trip to Tuscany and was our escort for the day, as well as took us to the train at 6am our day of departure. All for a superbly fair and equitable fee. He even contacted me the next day to ensure we got settled OK in Rome! Thank You Dominique! And thank you for your lovely, clean well kept apartment. Your hospitality is the best. ..looking for a reason to come back sooner than later! Ciao'

Date of stay: July 2018
5 Oct 2018
It was a great pleasure for me to host this nice and very smart family! I really wish to thank Dan and Jill for their kind and appreciative words about the apartment and on myself. I am glad they spent a great time in Florence and enjoyed the winery tour we took together! It was very nice exchanging on many topics with the whole family during that day. I enjoyed every minute of it! I am so pleased they had a great time staying in our apartment. I also wish to thank them for having left the apartment very tidy and very clean. I would definitely recommend them to other hosts and really hope to welcome them again in the future. Ciao to all of you and all the best!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.