“Enchanting night”

Restaurant Il Falconiere
Reserve with
Restaurant Il Falconiere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 110 Restaurants in Cortona
Price range: US$57 - US$102
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: It is actually very easy to cook well and obtain great dishes if one begins with first choice ingredients, that's what we do every day, searching for the best products is our philosophy. We are mentioned by the most authoritative Guides with excellent evaluations.The restaurant is housed in the old lemon house with a glass and wrought-iron conservatory, overlooking the outside dining terrace with its ancient fishpond and rose-clad pergola. It is famous for its cuisine focused in the territory. A pleasant experience made of many different details: a refined and bright ambience, the terrace with its breathtaking view of the valley for romantic dinners, a superb Tuscan cuisine and a vast wine list with the Baracchi wines as well.
Reviewed 3 September 2018

This was a perfect leisurely, elegant meal and we loved every minute of it. The view of the valley and Cortona as the evening deepens is incredible. We enjoyed the seasonal tasting menu.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank adrianaveleznyc

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

We did the wine tour with a 3 course lunch and wine tasting. Everything was incredible, the wine was delicious, the food was incredible and the service was great!! This is topped off with the stunning setting. I had scallops, pigeon and tiramisu all incredible and my boyfriend had beef carpaccio, duck and chocolate mouse again all amazing!!! We booked so I'm not sure if you can just turn up but highly recommend this place as a treat for a meal if you're in the area.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 30 July 2018

The food is simply amazing from the antipasto, first course, 2nd course to the dessert. Every course was pared perfectly with the freshest and finest quality ingredients and most importantly cooked to perfection. The Tuna was the best tuna i've ever tasted and just melts in your mouth, the fillet was cooked to perfection and also just melted in your mouth, and pappardella was amazing and the dessert was just one of the kind deliciously pared with all the correct flavors your pallet will love. Not to mention the amazing view. The owners, the husband and the wife who is the cook were very friendly. Truly a welled earned Michelin star restaurant and experience.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018

The setting is stunning, the service was good but not exceptional and the food was very disappointing. I know it's now expected that restaurants serve "small" portions with artistic presentation but I really don't want to leave hungry after three or four courses and a $300 (US) bill. My entree of lamb included two tiny chops that ranged from medium to raw. Worst of all...one of my diner companions found a hair in her bread. A good neighborhood restaurant may have an "off" night but a Michelin starred restaurant should not.

Date of visit: May 2018
Il_Falconiere, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Restaurant Il Falconiere, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Mr. Ed
soory for my delay on my answer but I wanted to wait for an answer to be able to inform me with the restaurant and kitchen staff about your notes.
I obviously can not question your personal taste, our cuisine may not even be appriciated, even if, believe me, it's really rare.
I apologize for the problem of bread, but that our portions are so small as to get up with hunger is a very unusual judgment.
An important point of our Chef's philosophy is not just quality but quantity ....
I'm sorry you did not like your dinner and I hope we will have a future opportunity to welcome you again and try to be able to let you turn your mind.

Thanks for your review
kind regards
Lina Bartelli

Reviewed 8 July 2018

The food was amazing and they were accommodating to having children 11ys, 12yrs. Each dish was wonderfully plated and tasted amazing.

Date of visit: July 2018
Il_Falconiere, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Restaurant Il Falconiere, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thanks Jennifer!