“Most delicious dinner in Italy”
Review of Locanda I Grifi

Locanda I Grifi
Ranked #31 of 104 Restaurants in Cortona
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Chef Cristiano proposes a typical Tuscan menu with traditional recipes with a contemporary twist ideal even for the most demanding people. It is also possible to taste wine, extra virgin olive oil and other local products, to organize theme dinners, cooking classes, buffets and romantic dinners with custom-made menus. Wine Cellar The wine cellar of Restaurant "Locanda I Grifi" is a magical venue not only for wine lovers but also for all those wishing to spend a special moment while tasting outstanding Tuscan products. The wine list has over a hundred labels including the most renowned and appreciated national and international wines. It is possible to have a professional sommelier upon request who will select the perfect wines to be paired with the different courses. Dining room Restaurant in Cortona "Locanda I Grifi" is located in the uppermost part of the hill, set in a peaceful and panoramic area. Classy and cozy, this restaurant has a beautiful and refined dining room for up to 80 people and a panoramic terrace with 95 seats with an enchanting view onto the Tuscan countryside and Lake Trasimeno to spend unforgettable evenings during the summer with your friends and family. Cristiano and his staff will give you a warm welcome for your lunch or romantic dinner in Cortona to be a moment to remember.
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Tonight we enjoyed the best food we have tasted in Italy. The pici with anchovies and garlic for entre and beef cheeks were stunning. The most amazing tirimasu for pudding was a surprising change from the usual one and only tried based on the chefs recommendations. Excellent service.

Cristiano M, Proprietario at Locanda I Grifi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Guest,

thank for such enthusiastic review.

we are vey delighted, and proud too, that you have considered your dinner at Locanda I Grifi as "the most delicious" you had in Italy.
I am personally very glad that my recommendations, and the service as well, met your expectations

if you come back next year in Cortona, do not hesitate to contact us or pay us a visit to Locanda.

Grazie mille!
Best regards

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Not one thing could we fault. The pasta entire was so delicate, the beef cheek was bold with a beautiful sauce and the fig simifrado was spectacular. You should have been there.

Cristiano M, Proprietario at Locanda I Grifi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you kind review.

We are very glad that you have appreciated our beef cheek ( one of our bestselling courses)and the fig semifreddo (one of our seasonal specials) as well.

We really hope you can visit Locanda I Grifi once again in the future.

Best regards

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Four years ago when in Cortona on vacation, chef Cristiano came to cook for us in our villa. When I learned he had opened this restaurant, we had to go and we were not disappointed!

The service was so accommodating and friendly. We were treated to a few appetizers on the house. Our dinners were mouth watering, and we had a variety of foods. My oldest son had the steak, my other son had the carbonara, and they accommodated my picky 7-year-old's request for buttered noodles. I had the truffle pasta and it was delicious. Dessert was also tops.

Treat yourself to a wonderful dinner here!

Cristiano M, Proprietario at Locanda I Grifi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest at Locanda I Grfi.

I am personally very glad you wanted to try my restaurant after my chef at home service you had experienced 4 years ago at your villa.
And we are very happy you were not disappointed by this new experience you and your family had at Locanda and that our service and food had met your expectations.
We were glad to accomadate your 7 years-old son's request since we are always ready to cook something appropriate for our youngest guests.
If you come back in Cortona do not hesitate to contact me for a chef at home service, a cooking class or for lunch/dinner at my restaurant.
You will be always welcome

Grazie mille
A presto

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We ended up here one evening when our VRBO host simply didn't show at our apartment to welcome us on the first day and could not be reached. We decided to eat something at the first restaurant we stumbled upon. We were a little early and the restaurant manager said not to worry as he would accommodate us. Walking down the stairs, I noticed the name of the restaurant. It contained the word LOCANDA. Speaking Italian, I knew this meant they had rooms. I asked the manager and he said he would check. He came back 10 minutes later and said they did. Totally saved us. The food and service is Michelin star quality. The staff there are all very friendly and attentive. The rooms were above typical for this type establishment. Very clean and modern amenities. The views from the back rooms are like a postcard of the region.
Stay here. Eat here. You won't be sorry.
We can't say enough good things. We will certainly return here in the near future.

1  Thank focker40
Cristiano M, Proprietario at Locanda I Grifi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for such a positive review; we are very glad you and your family had been our guests here at Locanda I Grifi.
We consider we have been so lucky to welcome you first ot our restaurant and then at our hotel. All the staff at Locanda remembers how kind you have been to all of us and how you have enjoyed dinner at the restaurant every night during your stay.
You all could be awarded "best gest ever"!
We are also glad that your review has hilighted the most important aspects of Locanda: Good food, attentive and professional staff, cleaness of the rooms and the stunning view from the rooms and the terrace.
thank you again and we really hope you can visit us next time you are in Tuscany.
Grazie mille, vi aspettiamo!

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Hard to rate this restaurant. It aims high. We stayed in the hotel for 4 nights and ate in the restaurant twice.

First night -- best beef cheek I have ever eaten. My husband's pork fillet was good also. No veggies so should have requested those separately, however they were not listed on the menu.

Desert was good but lacked balance -- in flavour and textural highlights. A high end restaurant should not, in my opinion, rely upon the soda siphon cream whipper as the core ingredient for a desert. A little more thought needs to be applied. Too many of us have watched Masterchef! If it is the icing on the top of the balanced proverbial cake -- OK.

We also found that receptiveness to 'customer feedback' -- was somewhat resistant. No meal is perfect. We customers like to think we are at least listened to.

Night two was really pretty ordinary. Over-salted carbonara pasta in Italy. Who would have thought. The meal was replaced but version two pasta was unevenly cooked. The ends of the pasta were still brittle where they hadn't been in the boiling water long enough. The restaurant was not busy -- maybe 10 patrons. Did not send it back again. And I was over trying to give feedback.

And please -- no more scratchy floor tile style dinnerware. Really important to achieve perfection with traditional regional cuisine when expectations are so high. My husband enjoyed his meal though.

We didn't go back for night number 3 or 4. There are so many great alternatives in Cortona.