A lovely piece of tranquil Tuscan life that will have you relaxed and enjoying the sunshine within minutes of arriving.
This is like stepping into a postcard of ideal Tuscany - the fruit tree's surrounding a beautiful renovated farmhouse.
All of the staff are relaxed and friendly and can not do enough to help you. This has extended to them sending us a lost toy that their gardener found after we left. It is a big relief as it was the favourite teddy of my daughter. They proactively contacted us to return it and did not charge us for the postage, although we offered.
We have 2 small kids so we had regular inane requests which the staff showed unending patience for.
We took the apartment for ourselves and 2 small daughters, there is lots of space and is authentically decorated. The kitchen had all the crockery etc that you might need. There was no other supplies (no salt / pepper / olive oil / washing up liquid / sponges etc) so you will need to bring these yourself or buy them at the local shop.
There was a nice area outside the apartment for having meals. The ground for this was a little uneven and could have done with some watering to bring up the grass - but these are small things that I include as feedback to the hotel to help them make little improvements.
It is 4 km from Camucia Cortona. There is a small pub / shop / pharmacy within a 10 minute walk. The old town of Cortona is a little further but the guys will drive you up there for €15.
A well tended pool that is kept very clean despite the tree's that surround it.It is located with views of the local countryside, churches in the distance etc. It is a really lovely place to relax.
They have a well stocked bar, although some of the items were a little pricey which resulted in me not using it as much as I would have liked to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Borgo San Pietro is an ancient XVII century farm transformed into a charming Relais with outdoor swimming pool composed of 14 rooms and 5 apartments. Thanks to an intelligent restoration the new purpose of the structure took into account yet maintaining its ancient look. The old well, the fruit and olive trees, the grass fields, combined with the old prints, paintings and furniture, give that peaceful feeling and atmosphere of a Tuscan country house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa Borgo San Pietro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Borgo San Pietro Hotel Cortona
- Relais Borgo San Pietro Cortona