We spent one night here as part of our honeymoon tour of Italy in July. There is no doubt that the property is visually stunning and it was definitely one of the prettier places we visited. However there were a couple of issues we experienced which meant I would choose nearby Castello di Casole as my preferred hotel for our return trip next year.
Beautiful property - the hotel is gorgeous and the interior designer left no stone unturned. It's an instagrammer's dream from the country kitchen to the breath taking views at the infinity pool. Stunning!
Farm to table - we went on a tour of the gardens with Jeff and it's clear how important home grown produce is here. They grow as much as possible from their own gardens and even have their own bee hives.
Breakfast - one of the better breakfasts of our trip. Would thoroughly recommend the crepes with homemade Nutella.
Service - we were here for less than 24 hours but encountered several issues in that time. We arrived Wimbledon final day and my husband wanted to watch the match. Nobody could answer whether the match could be viewed on property. In the end we just left it.
We asked to use the table tennis advertised but nobody could tell us where the tables were located.
Lastly, we ate lunch in the treehouse hotel the second day. I ordered a Bellini. It arrived and was unlike anything I had in our three weeks in Italy so far so I asked the waiter whether it was made with fresh peach. He then proceeded to take two different peaches to the table to explain the difference between each and made a fuss which made the experience very awkward for me. We decided to skip lunch and leave after the drink.
Noise - our room was located in the main building which meant we were woken up quite early at 7 with the noise from breakfast set up. Didn't bother us for one morning but it would stop me from staying there for a week.
Overall, beautiful property but the service levels didn't match. Especially compared to the two nights we spent at Castello di Casole previously.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Borgo San Pietro is an ancient XVII century farm transformed into a charming Relais with outdoor swimming pool composed of 14 rooms and 5 apartments. Thanks to an intelligent restoration the new purpose of the structure took into account yet maintaining its ancient look. The old well, the fruit and olive trees, the grass fields, combined with the old prints, paintings and furniture, give that peaceful feeling and atmosphere of a Tuscan country house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Stayforlong S.L., Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa Borgo San Pietro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Borgo San Pietro Hotel Cortona
- Relais Borgo San Pietro Cortona