All reviews stunning views mount etna beautiful conservatory approx minute walk up hill traditional hotel uphill walk cable car balcony or terrace lovely hotel steps involved sun loungers agatha christie cakes following morning corner room rooms are spotlessly clean
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Myself and my wife Julia stayed for a week in this family hotel and we loved it. I had done some research before we went and read a lot of the previous reviews.
We stayed in room 41 (the hotel has 41 rooms) which is separate from the hotel and very private. IT HAS A FRIDGE. (which is a must if you want to enjoy a cold drink on the terrace in the evening).
Our terrace had two sun loungers.
The room had a double shower (which was huge) and a king size bed. (which was very comfortable)
We spoke to other guests and no one seemed to have a fridge, and complained that their shower cubicle was very small.
From what we gleaned It is very much pot luck with the rooms.The ones with terraces are not private. Three or four rooms open out onto the terrace (which has a small table and two sun loungers per room)
The rooms with balconies are more private, but the balconies are very small and struggle to cope with the small table and two chairs (no where to sunbath).
The breakfast was continental with a good choice (a couple of odd items were tuna and a hot pasta dish, more suited to evening meal.
They only serve an evening meal on a Thursday (extra 30 euro's per person) and unfortunately we had to miss this as we were ascending Mount Etna for an evening meal on that day (130 euro;s, but worth every penny)
Anyone contemplating this hotel please be aware there are LOADS OF STEPS.!!!!
Because we were in room 41 which as I have said is separate from the hotel, we had to climb 80 steps to the dining room for breakfast.!!!! and then up another 30 to reception. Then you had either a set of stairs to the road or the step drive.
The walk into town was up hill (but worth it) and there was another 40 steps involved in this.!!!! SO, YOU NEED TO BE FAIRLY FIT.
We loved it and got used to the steps after the first couple of days.
I would recommend this hotel as long as you are fairly fit.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a sea view. We stayed in room 41 and thought it was the best.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Hessi0n
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Returning next month would love the room we stayed in in May of this year waiting conformation after request to hotel! Wonderful place we love it number 14, short walk in to town, views amazing! Nearby beaches. Recommend car hire but book insurance before travel! Breakfast amazing and very relaxing x

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julie c
Reviewed 13 September 2017

We paid a little extra to guarantee a sea view and I'm pleased that we did. We had a large, open terrace outside our rooms with table and sun loungers; although not private, there was very little foot traffic passing our room.
The views were fantastic out to sea and over towards Mount Etna looking down into the bay at Naxos.
The rooms were extremely clean and well maintained and a special acknowledgement needs to be made to the domestic staff who were always friendly and very efficient. The air conditioning was adequate. We were a party of five, with three staying in one room and two staying in the other. The rooms were very different in size and I understand that this is the same throughout the hotel so this may be pot luck.
We were disappointed that there were no fridges in the room to keep water as the trip back and forth to town can become very tiring and it would have been nice to be able to bulk buy water and keep it cool.
The walk into town is up 55 steps (avoiding the dog mess!) and the walk up the driveway is easier than the steps from the hotel.
Breakfast was very good and there was always plenty of choice, albeit somewhat odd at times - I have never had tuna salad for breakfast!
The hotel staff were lovely and friendly and the hotel was quiet and very relaxing, full of period style character. The hotel is not in the middle of town which helps to keep it quiet although another hotel, further down the hill, was very noisy and often kept us awake at night.
The showers were incredibly small and you need to be imaginative when using them! I found the bed comfortable although my husband thought they were hard, but this is more down to personal preference.
It is lacking a swimming pool and although everything is in walking distance, you really need to be very fit to deal with this daily.. Some people staying there used taxis to get around rather than walking.
The cable car from the beach to the town is an absolute god send!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the sea view
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jackie-Stevens1972
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel staff all very friendly if you are thinking of booking check which room you have got I thought all rooms looked over the sea from the side or front but we have a room on the back and it's dark and no we're to sit out when you have been out all day
When I asked if I could change the answer was no it would of been nice to have a sun lounger to sit on like all the rest of the rooms

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank traceyanddavid
Reviewed 22 August 2017

My friend and I stayed at this beautiful hotel for 3 nights and were pleasantly surprised. The room was comfortable and the view was great. Gaby at the Reception was extremely helpful. There was sufficient to eat at breakfast. The only drawbacks were: shower area (although a good shower, there was not enough room. The shower curtain kept sticking to you), the balcony was not private (although we had friendly neighbors) and wifi connection was not that strong.

Although it was at a walking distance (a few stairs depending on how fit you are) to the city center, what surprised me is that if you choose not to take the stairs you had to dodge cars & buses and other vehicles on the road (not fit for pedestrians).

On our last night, we ordered two pizzas and man were they huge!!! We underestimated the delivery time because it was delivered in less than 10 minutes. Gaby did a great job.

Room Tip: We stayed at room # 33. You could hear some sound of the noisy road but I suppose you could hear it in all the rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends