“Nice view but food is so so!”

Bar Gelateria Alfeo
Ranked #573 of 742 Restaurants in Syracuse
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Very nice view in front of sea. Service is good. Fried potato chips and mixed fishes are good too. However, only clams in the Alfeo soup is fresh! Other seafood, like mussels in the soup are not bad!

Reviewed 28 November 2017

I ordered the orange salad and what I got was not what was described. I explained that the waiter and he took the salad, smelled it, and took it away. They left the charge on the bill and I didn't have one bite. The orange was pale and the lettuce was iceberg. It was not what was described or pictured in the menu. This was at the height of orange season and the restaurant is blocks away from a world class market with fresh vegetables and fruits. They didn't offer dressing or oil. It was pathetic.

Other low lights:
The staff was rude and pushy (when ordering) and once they delivered food, they didn't check on us once. We had to ask for a bill.

We were harassed several time by street vendors and the staff did nothing to help us. The street vendors stand at your table and insist on engaging in conversation despite our efforts to get them to stop. The staff just looks the other way and does nothing - I believe the staff is on the take.

They charge a 2E per person table charge. Which is why I believe they don't care about customer's satisfaction. The tip is built in.

They allow stray cats in the restaurant and on the tables. The staff does nothing to stop it.

Overall, one of the worst restaurant experiences I've had in years.

1  Thank Rizzilient
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Perfect little spot to enjoy a light bite and a beer whilst watching the yatcht's go by Very friendly and they do the best Bruchetta I have ever tasted...
It's a must

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We sat and enjoyed both the superb view over the harbour and the food and wine. We both wanted Fritto Misto and this was excellent - slight reservation that the calamari were slightly tough, but that is probably local tastes. Wine and beer were excellent and service was also very good. We would recommend this place wholeheartedly.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

I Had a terrible granita topped off with cara, delivery vans, motorcycles right in front of my table.
The seating was w/o a cuscion; bad tableware and careless staff!