“Amazing hotel”
Review of UNA Hotel One

UNA Hotel One
Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Syracuse
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Spent 5 days in wonderful siracusa and I stayed at the hotel UNA and I can highly recommend it.
The staff and the service was top, the breakfast is very good as well and the rooms with a very nice terrace, they also have a very nice rooftop terrace where I meet with some partners and had a very nice aperitifs

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
HMUnaHotelOne, Direttore generale at UNA Hotel One, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

WOWWWW. Thanks.
Dario Vitale GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,063)

Reviewed 15 August 2017

This is probably the most difficult of all ratings of a hotel I have done so far.
First of all, there is nothing really wrong with this hotel. If you're into something different, very stylish and elegant looking, this is for you.
What has been missing for me was the soul.
Let's get to the good bits first. The staff were super lovely, helpful and knowledgable. The breakfast was amazing as well, at least from our point of view. It is quite heavy in pastries, but we found it really exciting and loved the mixture of things on display, as well as the option to have various cooked plates of breakfast with crepes, omelette, scrambled egg etc. We also loved the juicer where you can make your own juices out of a very generous selection of fruit, vegetables and spices. I also have to say that the coffee machine in the breakfast area makes the most amazing hot chocolate.
The rooms were nice and clean. Also, the roof garden is really worth a look, it's beautiful and strangely enough almost always completely empty, at least when we went.
Also, we loved the fact that they have a few bikes outside that are free to use for hotel guests.

Now the bits that we didn't like.
The location of the hotel is slightly awkward. It's not too far away from the sea, but it's a good 15 minute walk to one of the little solariums alongside the coast. The walk to the old town and city centre would be a good half hour or more, which we did once but had to take taxis as well. It was extremely hot when we visited Siracusa in August, so maybe that might be one of the reasons why the walk bothered us more than it would have normally.

The hotel itself we found was really lacking in soul. While it looks very sleek and sexy and well designed, it is one of those Selfie sort of places, if you know what I mean. It's dark inside, there is fashionable music playing everywhere from the hallways to the roof terrace and the silliest bit which made us roll our eyes every night is this "paparazzi" wall outside in front of the entrance. It's basically a black wall with photographers printed on top, and every time you walk past it flash lights start going off as if you've just arrived to an Oscars after party.
It just didn't give me a holiday like feel, but more like I have just arrived at a slightly swanky place (in a residential area) to pick up my Brit award and then go back home to my yacht.
I also missed any sort of tea or coffee making facility in the rooms, or even just a bottle of water. I always find this to be a very nice touch which you get in most hotels.
The restaurant was also closed while we were staying at the hotel, which wasn't ideal considering that there is nothing else to get food in the immediate area. It would have been nice to get the chance to have something light there for lunch or dinner at least one night but sadly this wasn't possible.

Overall an ok experience, but I don't think I'd go back because it's not the sort of place that I personally like.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nadine13012017

Dear Nadine,
reading about the bits that you don't like, as paparazzi, it's our happy and playful vision of hospitality concept. In our superior rooms is available the new Nespresso coffee and hot water station. Anyway final overall valuation it's ok. Thanks for your point of view.
Dario Vitale

Reviewed 7 August 2017

The hotel looks trendy and it is in general very nice with good wifi and amenities. Breakfast is super healthy and if you are a health nut, this is for you. Location wise, it is not near any of the tourist site, so this is more suitable for people who drive. Free parking is available first come first serve style. It could be quite crowded when the hotel is full. There are some small neighborhood restaurant in walking distance or you can dine at the hotel, which I have never tried.The elevator is a little strange, it takes a little bit of patience. Also, the attach point of the elevator to the main building always seemed a little flimsy to me, I hope we are far enough from Mount Etna.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank semanticvision
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

The rooms very clean and disayn hotel. Very good breakfast. Stuff is really friendly. İt is just 5 min drive to ortica. Any info do u need just ask to recepcian they are helpfull. The roof terrace really confortable and great

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank barcaturco
HMUnaHotelOne, Direttore generale at UNA Hotel One, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Hello !
Really glad you had a nice stay with us recently. From the design to service to stuffl seems you were happy with all we have to offer! Wonderful to read.

Very happy to see you will be returning to us. Hope you come back very soon!

Thank you so much.
Dario Vitale GM

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Very confusing hotel, hard to find elevators and stairs, very modern design.
Small rooms with very comfortable king bed and comfortable pillows. Several English speaking TV channels. Air conditioning did not work. Poorly designed bathroom, entire bathroom flooded when you take a shower and stays wet.
Good breakfast pasteries but no eggs or meat, seems to be a health food restaurant with sweets.
Hotel restaurant was closed due to May Day holiday. Restaurants are a 15-20 minute walk away if you can find them. Nothing around hotel.

Not recommended

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting your review regarding your recent visit with us.

I do apologize about your negatives experiences in the breakfast but for all the guest we made eggs and other salt dishes by our express open kitchen. I am very sorry about this.
Thanks again