“Very pleasant and helpful staff, stylish hotel and excellent breakfast”
Review of UNA Hotel One

UNA Hotel One
Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in Syracuse
Reviewed 4 October 2016

The room and hotel are very stylish , (black tiles, mirrors, spot lights and shadows).There is an extensive choice at breakfast .
There is also a lounge and outdoor seating on the roof which is very peaceful.
Its quite a way from the city centre (10 euro Taxi ride) in an area of flats and housing.There are very few local amenities like restaurants.
The alternative shuttle service is the local bus into town from a stop 10 minutes away .
Unfortunately their restaurant was closed while we were there (although their brochure says there is all day food available) and the spa and sauna were closed for several days .

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor and very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,063)

Reviewed 26 September 2016

I am very well traveled & open minded but this hotel has disappointed me. It's September & the restaurant & bar is closed. The immediate area around the hotel offers very little too. I was so looking forward to breakfast but this wasn't much more than a few pastries, toast, scrambled egg, coffee & an apple. No freshly made juices like others have described & what pics show. I feel the website is not a true reflection
The lift doesn't cope with more than 1 request at any one time. The room is modern with comfortable beds but OTT over complicated lighting (manky carpet) There is an internal window in the bathroom so I can see my partner sat on the toilet from the bed...I'm not kidding! The shower has little power so takes ages to wash shampoo out & the shower screen is so narrow the floor gets soaking.
Laundry facilities are expensive - 7 euros to wash a tshirt!

I struggle to see how this hotel has received such good reviews

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
HMUnaHotelOne, Direttore at UNA Hotel One, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

Dear Guest, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your disappointment about your hotel experience but your comment about our italian style breakfast is exaggerate. We do only serve fresh oranges coming from Sicily and we don't import oranges from Spain, Holland, Morocco during summertime. We have a special offer of fresh fruit and we also have a professional Whole Slow juicer. We are a design hotel. We made this choice. Dario Vitale

Reviewed 22 September 2016

We recently stayed at the Una Hotel One and was immediately struck by the modern touches of this hotel.

The room was ok and although not very big, it had a very comfortable bed and a sizeable bathroom. TV also includes sports channels and I had the opportunity to watch my favourite Serie A team play at no extra cost.

One of the things that I liked most is the breakfast! This is not the usual ham and cheeses style but was actually a mix of pastry-based items with different fillings, ranging from ham/cheese, ricotta, spinach and sausages. Upon request, the staff can also prepared poached or scrambled eggs and toast. The sweets counter is also different from what we are usually accustomed to with standard Italian hotels. Yes there is the traditional 'cornetto', either plain or with three different fillings but there also was a good variety of cakes.

There is also an ample open-air rooftop verandah, wherein one can enjoy the view and/or simply relax on one of the many sofas available. There is also a self-service bar where residents can avail themselves and simply write what they took on a piece of paper. The items will be charged to the room and paid upon checkout.

I forgot to mention that there is a gym which can be used free of charge and a spa, which however is against a payment of €25 per stay for one person or €40 per couple.

Parking is ample and free.

But the thing that I liked most about this hotel is the very nice staff!! During my stay most of them were very pretty girls and they always had a big smile on their face! They made us feel welcome as soon as we set foot inside! Please keep those smiles going because they make a huge difference!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel is new,modern,young people fast and fresh.Can have gym,Spa,renting bikes. The breakfast is very very good,I think the best I ever had in my life(I travelled a lot).Now the worst...the restaurant is not working in september so ...no dinner.In September never had sushi or dj set in the rooftop bar.The coffee station is open 24h but is not for free (It wasn't specified when arrived).Room is small and without balcony .Bidet is missing,Toilette super humid,Spa Sauna was not working properly and personally I was expecting a better stuff (thea or fresh snack) in the spa.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Lets start with the only (tiny, small , not very problematic ) issue . Location . The hotel located inside a neighborhood . Its only 5 min driving from the center . NOT an issue at all .
Beside this , everything about this hotel was great ! The staff is very friendly and helpful .
The rooms are very modern and look brand new . There was a large balcony . There is a free parking . The breakfast was amazing. There was a self service fresh squeezed juice bar, everything was very tasty !
Perfect modern hotel close to the center !

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple