“A very fun experience”

Price range: US$8 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Home Made fresh Pasta, Sea Food, Sicilian Food.Need a reservation Closed on MondayOpen for lunch at 12:30 and we close the kitchen at 14:30 for dinner at 19:39 and we close the kitchen at 22:30Multilanguage menù We speak english and french Enjoy your Sicilian experience with us.
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We had an excellent dinner here. My wife and I shared a menu (she doesn't eat that much) which was no problem at all. Very kind service. We made a "reservation" 45 minutes in advance and went for aperitivo elsewhere. The place is filled after 8, so you best come early or prepare to wait. They mostly serve tourists but it has absolutely no touristy feeling. We greatly enjoyed the food: pasta was al dente, the courses came swift and the price was very reasonable. Certainly worth a visit!

1  Thank jangielis
Write a ReviewReviews (2,713)

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Ambience - Amazing
Booking - Essential - book inside
Food - to die for - skip the oysters order the antipasto self serve, famous seafood linguini and seafood soup
Owner - incredibly kind and friendly
Staff - polite and helpful!
Beer - order a local craft beer
Wine - ask for a staff recommendation stick with the white for seafood!

Don’t go here if you don’t like seafood great for a date!

Enjoy!

1  Thank krishka
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I am happy to report that upon 5 months from the original review, the service has improved and the food is still as reliable. Sitting outside is best, as one also gets the atmosphere of wonderful via Cavour, and it's fab for people watching. I opted for the raw Sicilian red crevettes, wonderful if pricey at €20 for 5, but comparable to elsewhere in Ortigia, and for main gnocchi with clams, baby calamari and cream of zucchini. The sugo or sauce in the pasta was way too sweet for me, but I guess I should have thought of that, given the sweetness of market zucchini purchases. That said they could have balanced it better, thus only 4 stars, the gnocchi themselves light as a feather, and seafood fresh and tasty. Good value, decent service, good option.

1  Thank l-globetrotter
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

First rate food in a small well run restaurant. The staff are exceptional, attentive and helpful. A pleasure to eat there.

1  Thank peter r
Reviewed 19 May 2018

We made a reservation on Wednesday for Friday night dinner as they didn’t have a table at reasonable time for Wed, or Thu. We were very excited to dine in such a desirable place. Oh well, after a great starter of raw fish tartar (I added a star to the review for this dish) everything went downhill ….my sea bass (spigola) was the smallest I had in 3 weeks, and it was swimming on an oily plate. My husband’s pasta with seafood was very oily, too salty, and mussels, clams and such were completely cold. Service? What service??? We were totally ignored. Worst dinner on this trip.

Tip: if you still want a table, and don’t have a reservation – come 20 min before the opening time, and SIT DOWN at one of the tables outside, this way it’s yours.