“Love speciallity of restaurant: Fish Parmesan on ragout of cuttlefish”

Quattroventi Comfort Food
Reserve with
Quattroventi Comfort Food is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,839 Restaurants in Palermo
Price range: US$30 - US$59
Cuisines: Contemporary, Wine Bar
Reviewed 4 September 2017

During my visit in Palermo I wanted to try the traditional Sicilian food so I found this restaurant. We made an early reservation with a Sicilian friend and both of us were very impressed.

The restaurant is modern with a clean and minimalistic design. Dark wooden furniture with dark red fabrics makes you feel warm, like sitting in your own warm house.

Attentive waiter nicely set us near the kitchen window so I was able to see how do they prepare the dishes they serve. He also brought menu in English which is a big plus in Sicily.

In a couple of minutes, they brought a bottle of water and appetizers: mini pizzas and fresh tuna. They played with our taste buds: Pizza was super fresh: warm and soft, the taste was magnificent. Tuna was super fresh and accomplished with tomato and onion.

We were ready for our starters: Fish Parmesan on a ragout of cuttlefish as a very traditional Sicilian starter. First I was impressed by the presentation of the dish. I never had such a combination of eggplant, mussels, shrimps with cuttlefish. I went there also to try sea food and this was an amazing experience: it was juicy, just right salty, all the tastes and textures combined perfectly. My friend didn't have this dish for a long time and said, that was the best he had. For me, it was totally new and would love go there once again just for this dish.

Meantime restaurant was getting full, there weren't any empty tables anymore. Service was always around when we needed, without long waiting. Waiters were always smiley and friendly and able to explain everything.

As a second dish arrived spaghetti with fruits of the sea with tenerumi - Sicilian special zucchini. I love zucchini with pasta, it's very traditional and Sicilian combination. I already tried this in other places, but this was the best. Why? Because it was not too salty, pasta was done perfectly and I could taste every type of fruits of the sea very well.

We continued with Tuna Tagliata with sea asparagus - very well presented. Once again, tuna super fresh! That's also why this restaurant is so good, as they work with fresh ingredients and you can truly feel it. Tuna was soft, asparagus mashy, accomplish with sweet red pepper and mango sauce. The fairy tale of tastes.

All of the courses were accompanied by a bottle of white wine, we had the best one restaurant offers. It's Grillo Blues by Paolo Cali. It's a special one because they grow it in 350 meters above sea level west of Vittoria, in region typical for red wine. The wine is dry of course, but the taste was sweeter than normal.

As a dessert, we had a very traditional choice, Palermitan watermelon jelly. It was again, super new experience for me. The texture was medium thick, was right sweet, on top thicker small balls of jasmine caviar and cake crumbs. This dish is typical for Palermitan children. My friend remembered it very well from his childhood and liked this presentation as well.

It was a fantastic experience in Sicily and Palermo. I enjoyed every dish and I can't wait to visit Quattro Venti Comfort Food again.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal here while in Palermo. The staff were very attentive and helpful and our 3 course meal was to die for! A very refreshing and modern approach to Sicilian food, would definitely come back here again.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We booked as it was fairly close to our hotel and did not want to drag a tired 5 years old through Palermo in search of a gem. "Early" reservation for 8PM, and off to the jail we went (the local jail is across the street - literally).

We were one of the first tables to sit down given the 'early' reservation, which was probably clutch in getting a fairly quick service from the staff. Everyone was very friendly, they had menus in english, which we appreciated rather than guessing half of the choices. After a week of traditional Sicilian food, this was a great choice. Meal was delicious and all very inventive. Each appetizer and mains were great, wine was very reasonable as it usually is around Sicily and staff were super nice to our daughter.

Bonus, delicious breads and mini sicilian pizzetas amuse-bouche and a home made grouper 'meatball' made the meal start on a very bright note.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We saw the reviews on trip advisor so we thought we would give it a try. The food was locally produced and made that day. The food really gives you a perfect taste of sicillian food. The Chef spent the time to to chat to us about the foods, and it was a very nice a calm atmosphere for a lovely meal.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

One of the best meal we have had in our Tour of Sicily. Beautifully presented tasteful food served by proud staff