“Good value but poor service”
Review of Ristorante Yoshi

Ristorante Yoshi
Ranked #354 of 2,071 Restaurants in Palermo
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have been here twice for the €20 all you can eat deal and I have to say it's pretty good value. There is a decent spread of sushi but beware the photos on the menu do not always match the final product.

The sake was very good value but I thought the overall service was pretty poor. We flagged a waiter who said he would be back but subsequently wasn't and we spent 10-15 minutes later on trying to flag down someone to pay the bill.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

This establishment is efficiently run by Chinese people; so it comes as a surprise that the Japanese food served here is also quite good. At the time of writing, lunch all you can eat is priced at 15 euro and dinner at 20 euro. This is excluding beverages, but remains an excellent value for the money offer. Portions are generally tiny, but you can of course order multiple portions to satisfy your cravings. Service is friendly, even if the restaurant was always packed to capacity every time I ate here. Food runs from ok to very good, depending on what you choose (the menu has enough variety). I am partial to the fish tartare, Gyoza, fried noodles. Sushi is probably the best you can get at this price bracket. In summary, This may very well be the best Asian establishment in the city. Just go only if you have an healthy appetite and get the A.Y.C.E. offer.

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

I have had a dinner here with a my friend and the food is delicious!! You can pay €20 and can eat all you want. Finally I have discovered a place in Palermo where the sushi is so good ! The waiters and the waitresses are so kind and it is not necessary waiting a lot of time to eat, in addition you can see where the sushi are cooked.

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

We had a very disappointing experience! The food was bland and extremely boring. I'm not sure you could call it Japanese food. Japanese food should be simple good with great flavour. Needless to say it was very cheap and now we know why. Be warned if you eat here not to have high expectations

Reviewed 9 February 2016

If you are hungry, then it's okay. But if you actually know what sushi is, then it's better to go to the amazing Sicilian Italian restaurants around town.
The locals were actually ordering chips here and the food was below average.