“Somewhat Puzzled. ”

Sicilian Guide Francesca Lombardo
Ranked #23 of 111 Tours in Palermo
More attraction details
Owner description: Hello! Enjoy your visit of Palermo and Sicily with a native sicilian guide! I am a private Licensed guide and driver (with registered car) in Palermo and around Sicily since 1991 and a certified sommelier. Shore excursions.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We spent 1/2 day with Francesca last week visiting Monreale. She picked us up at our hotel and drove us to the fantastic cathedral in Monreale. I had prebooked with her months ago after reading the great reviews she got on TA. After our morning was over, I was puzzled about what I had missed in the reviews. I thought perhaps it was because the reviews I had read months ago were old and that newer ones would match our experience. To my surprise, the recent reviews were all very favorable. I did look to see the one lone poor score. The concerns matched ours exactly. I realized it was exactly the same month, October, but one year earlier. So perhaps it was fatigue from a busy tourist season or that she was not feeling well. We had very limited conversation in the car until our questions drove the conversation. But in the cathedral, she was excellent giving us a lot of information about the beautiful mosaics. After the cathedral, it seemed there was no plan. She asked us what else we wanted to see. We really weren’t prepared and had no answer. We saw the entrance for the cloisters and decided to see them. Beautiful and fascinating. As I said, the reviews are excellent except for those in October. We were rather disappointed.

All reviews
"great companion"
"sicilian food"
in 6 reviews
"speaks excellent english"
"female guide"
in 2 reviews
"local history and culture"
"a wonderful tour guide"
"wine tasting"
in 5 reviews
"went out of her way"
in 4 reviews
"walking tour of palermo"
in 5 reviews
"local foods"
"olive oil"
"safe driver"

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

My husband, adult daughter and I have just finished a fantastic week with Francesca as our guide and her charming husband as our driver. Francesca was responsive and accommodating from the first time I reached out to her and made great suggestions for our itinerary focusing on food, wine and history. She is incredibly knowledgeable about Sicily from history and landscape to architecture, food and wine. She made the trip easy and informative for us, always accommodating our needs. We spent a lot of time together this week- she is delightful to be with. Highly, highly recommend! Grazie mille Francesca for a fantastic and memorable week!

1  Thank CRubin123
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Francesca provides personal insight and historical perspective in a extremely professional manner. Her knowledge of Sicily allowed us to use her services for a number of cities and historical sights. She was our guide in Palermo, Monreale, Cefalu, Erice, Segesta, Sellulunte, Agrigento, Ragusa, Modica and Noto.Throughout our planning she provided expert insight and guidance without question. She assisted with hotel suggestions and gave us restaurant suggestions along the route of our tour. We had the unexpected pleasure of having a driver. Francesca and her driver filled each day with fun and laughter!

Reviewed 29 June 2018

My husband and I recently enjoyed a walking tour of Palermo as well as a day trip to Segeste and Erice with Francesca in her very comfortable vehicle. She was very friendly, knowledgeable and flexible in providing us with the experiences that we wanted and answering all of our questions. As we had a delay in receiving our luggage from Rome she went out of her way to help us retrieve it at the Palermo airport and didn't take no for an answer when the luggage office was closed. We were very impressed!

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 June 2018

I can only say the nicest things about Francesca. We hired her to take us to Erice, Segeste, Trapani and Moreale. She picked us up and we had a wonderful day. Her knowledge of the regions, the history and culture is vast, she engaged and interested four very jet lagged people all day long.
Our tour included a visit to an Olive oil producer and lunch. We had low expectations for the lunch but we were totally "blown away" by the fabulous food and wine served at the Azienda Fontanasalsa Agriturismo.
I would highly recommend Francesca and this tour