All reviews every morning cakes free bus gelateria location is excellent old building visiting palermo flights of stairs fresh fruit rental car a great place to stay within easy walking distance mondello beach minute walk suite alloro accommodation
Reviewed 3 October 2015

Our flight to Palermo got delayed, so we arrived late to Palermo and to Abatellis. We ringed the door, and were greeted by david, who helped us carry our luggage upstairs. Now usually, you're checked in and retire to the room, but david had a different plan. He had pre-arranged a snack meal, with delicious homemade cakes and drinks. I have never been greeted to a hotel like this, and for us, to open up our vacation in Palermo - it was refreshing.

The rooms were incredible. Its an old beautiful building, from what i understand - at least 200 years old, but it doesn't feel old, but new. Everything in our room looked posh, with a great balcony observing the street below.

The next day we woke up to probably one of the best breakfast we've ever had. Its a boutique hotel, so the breakfast area is one big table, set with the best ingredients for a beautiful breakfast. We were presented to daniella, a lovely lady who cooked all those amazing cakes and allesandro. As we sat, the goods started to arrive. Cheese and salamis, fresh red grapefruit drinks, fantastic bread with homemade jams that daniella makes, all delicious, all provided with a big smile. The cakes were just perfect, cooked earlier by daniella and with a great variety. Melons and coffee, and we were fully packed to explore palermo. The level of this breakfast was maintained every day (we spent 3 nights there), and every day there was something new, something more delicious. Daniella, David and Allesandro were always there, taking care of all our needs.

I wish we had more time to spend in Abatellis, it was truly fantastic. The area itself is great, with short walking distance to all the goods in Palermo. with free wifi, and vale parking - nothing was wrong.

Our sincere gratitude to david, daniella and allesandro.

Room tip: ask for kalsa..
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

Five star B&B in a historical town villa. Recieved by a very friendly Allessandro. The best breakfast I had during my stay all over Sicily. Centrally located within old town. Car parking service. Fully equipped appartment just around corner.

Reviewed 22 September 2015

I am very disappointed and improve this occasion to let you know that this place is not at all matching the standards I'm use to find here.
First of all I must say that they abuse of the hotel appelation, which they're not.
Second, entry hall was stinking and full of dirt. See picture appended to this message.
At evening, the neighbours above started their sound system at a crazily high level and sliding chairs and others things just above our head. This lasted for 2h despite we asked Abatellis people to intervene. The rooms are in a normal building, thus sharing it with local owners and renters. In this building we had to suffer a lot of noise until late in the night, shouting, high tone conversations, slammed doors and even two dogs responding to each other's barking.
In conclusion, not a good value for money at all

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2015

On arrival the staff had arranged my transfer from the airport and I arrived at a very old, beautful building. I was a little anxious at the 3 flights of marble stairs but my luggage was carried up for me by Marco. The apartment in which Abatellis is suited is very attractive, with a real feeling of authenticity. Daniella and her staff are absolutely amazing - and they are incredibly hospitable. The breakfasts are amazing - as is her baking. I would not consider staying anywhere else in Palermo. Fantastic!

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank sootyb
Reviewed 27 June 2015

It's taken me a while to write this review as we've been traveling in Italy for the last 3 months but I couldn't leave without recommending this amazing B & B. First of all it is located in an artistic neighborhood in Palermo filled with great restaurants, artisanal shops and boutiques, museums, incredible churches and it's a short walk to the sea. Everyone who works at the Abatellis is friendly and will go out of their way to make your staff super memorable. The lovely Lorena met us the first day at the front door and carried my bag all the way up the stairs. She also helped us plan our day trips and recommended delicious local restaurants. We met Daniella the next morning at breakfast. She was not only an incredibly sweet person but a fantastic baker and every morning we got to eat her delicious cakes, tarts and other sicilian delicacies. Marco was working at reception the next night and he was also friendly and helpful, answering our many questions about Palermo and suggesting great itineraries. The owner, Gaetano took us on an incredible day tour to the Island of Mozia and the Greek ruins at Segesta. He is very knowledgeable about the history of Sicily, especially Palermo and he gave us a day we will never forget. The room was modern yet really comfortable with top quality linens and bed and the bathroom was beautiful. We felt like we were staying with close family and we will definitely return to the Abatellis Luxury!

Date of stay: April 2015