US$105
US$147
US$75
US$65
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$107/night.

US$76
US$74
Alma Hotel(Palermo)
US$96
US$90
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

US$155
US$60
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

US$489
US$439
US$518
US$221
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$245/night.

US$876
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroom was cleanfirst floorcitystoragesweetspillowsinternet
Reviewed 6 May 2017

I would say this was a good deal and I would recommend this to,anyone wanting to visit the main attractions of Palermo and have somewhere pleasant and comfortable to retire afterwards. It's a bonus that the staff were so friendly and helpful

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 6 April 2017

I am rating this hotel based on expectations for a value hotel.

The good: Most important the hotel was very clean and safe. The room was nicely decorated. The bed and pillow were comfortable, the shower had lots of water flow and was hot. The internet in the room was good. I did not need heat or air conditioning so I can't speak to that. The room had adequate electric outlets. The beakfast was good, but primarily sweets. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast area was nice.

The bad: There is not much storage in the room and the lighting is kind of dim for reading. There are a couple of stools in the room but no chair with a back. It can be kind of hard to find the key holes in the dark. The main building entrance is under construction, but does not effect the B&B

Stayed: April 2017
2  Thank Richard_Greer_
Reviewed 2 April 2017

I have a very mixed feelings about the place. The only reason why I choose it among the other properties was the Certificate of excellence of tripadvisor. And it was a big mistake.
I agree that staff is very helpful , caring and polite but you don’t come to hotel to be pleased by staff. You need a good room to stay during your trip and in Carella it is a big problem.
The entrance to Carella is an old ugly door. When I came in I was scared with terrible mess of old pipes and metal sticks on the first floor. Repairing time for the hotel – I have found the excuse for it. Check in was fast and easy.
The room they give me was on the third floor. Big and wonderful apartment, a beautiful bathroom, shared kitchen. I was happy until the shower time. I have found full absence of hot water and had to call to a manager. She came, said that it’s the city fault but they have hotel boilers on the second floor only, she apologized and moved me to the second floor to Nairobi room. Yes, it has hot water. And it’s the only plus of the room. Nairobi room is dark, no day light, the only window is faced inside of building to smoking place of the hotel and to passage to other rooms, so people are passed by or come to smoke to your window.
I have asked to move again and they moved me to Temple room. Wow! Hot water, balcony and day light. But they put some disinfection liquid before I moved and I didn’t notice from the beginning how terribly the room stinks. Even walls in bathroom smelled! I had to sleep with open balcony in January to get some fresh air and not die!
The breakfast was ok and in a nice room. Location is very central.
I understand and appreciate all management efforts to make my stay comfortable. But as to be honest I haven’t asked too much: hot water, day light and fresh air. It’s not a special demand, it’s something you should get automatically in any hotel. I have changed three rooms and all of them were out of such easy demand. I have calculated days when I can move to other hotel. And it’s not something you should feel staying in Trapadvisor Certificate of Excellence hotels.
I have to admit also that if I stayed in first room my review would be great and my stay wouldn't be spoild.

Room Tip: No Nairoby or Temple room
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank lubitelj r
BB-Carella, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at B&B Carella, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

We are sorry for the disadvantage of hot water (unfortunately once every 100 years the unexpected happens) .... For all the rest .... entrance door (multiple times documented by past reviews), bad smell (? ), room too dark ..... is not that maybe you had too many pretentions for what is still a bed and breakfast? Charming, surely, and we do our best to give you an unmistakable service. But it still remains a family run bed and breakfast.
I hope, however, that you will give us another chance one day. The door is finally restoring it. :)

Reviewed 4 January 2017

This is a very cozy and beautifully renovated B&B run by sweet and friendly people. Our room was quiet and comfortable for the one night that we stayed in Palermo. Our check-in process was quick and easy, and the price was very reasonable. We were able to easily walk to restaurants and other sites in Palermo. Also, the full Sicilian breakfast was great! I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2016

B&B Carella is a charming place within one of old Palermo's lovely palaces. Totally modern rooms, very quiet, comfortable beds, lovely bathrooms. And the people who run it are extremely friendly and helpful. The location is perfect -- very central to the old part of the city and convenient to the evening promenades, outdoor music events, museums and other cultural attractions. Just a wonderful place to stay. My only regret -- that our itinerary only allowed us a couple nights at this lovely B&B. And yes, the prices was a real bargain.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends