All reviews swimming pool reverse order hair pin bends howard johnson overlooking palermo great hotel to stay view from the balcony star hotel barking dogs yogurt will stay there again worked fine rooms are fine transfer from the airport palermo city centre lovely terrace shuttle service
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

Hotel bel was located about 5-10km from city center of Palermo. It was perfect for us, because we wanted a peaceful and relaxed holiday far from all the hustle. We rented a car and it was definitely the best option for our trip. The staff is really friendly and helpful everytime you need something! Restaurant is ok, it's cheap and pizzas are nice, everything else is nothing special. I recommend you find another place to eat. Pool areas are nice and basically you have everything here you could need for you relaxing holiday. I would come back again and definitely recomment if you want a relaxed and laid-back holiday!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JennaH996
Reviewed 2 August 2016

Nice hotel for a short stay. Comfortable rooms. Beautiful view from the window. Breakfast was OK. Good access by car. Free parking at the hotel. Good wifi in the room. helpful English speaking staff.
Far to the center

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2016

My boyfriend and I was there on the 23th of July for one night.
It's location is a bit up in the mountain, so there is a nice view.
There is a pool, but it closes at 20:00, so we didn't get to try it, as we arrived a bit late in the evening.
My experience of Sicily is that all hotels for some weird reason have a lot of cake/sweets for breakfast. This place had like 10 kinds of cake/sweets, completely white bread, and no fruit or musli. There was nothing to fill up my stomach and that is a shame.
Furthermore the internet was really bad. We asked in the reception, and we were told, that it was because of the many people at the hotel.
Well then... They should have internet with the capacity to serve the whole hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline L
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

We have review quite a few of the hotels we stay in so here we go... Cleanliness, well definitely it's very clean which is always a good sign & Godliness, well when you think you have driven far enough just keep on going Up ! That's a joke.

3 nights here and satnav found it just fine. Yes the staff are friendly which is a bonus.. Not too many of them though. The room we had was a standard double and best any critics remember, it's 3 star and very inexpensive as breakfast is included. The room is basic but very roomy with excellent maid service and good water pressure in the shower. The restaurant is not owned by the hotel but is on the bottom floor, we ate there on each of our 3 evenings which you may think sounds boring but after a few glasses of wine we are quite happy to not endure a crazy taxi ride ! We only ventured down to explore Palermo on our first day, it really is a crazy place to drive and I've driven in a few mad cities inc London, Paris and New York.. This beats them all ! Not a huge amount for us in Palermo, we don't want to be stuck inside museums and galleries so very little really except the Fontana Pretoria Fountain which is a really nice sight.

So that's it... Very good all in all. Lovely views from our room on floor 2 and not too busy around the adults only pool. There are two other pools so ideal if your have children.

Pros.. Clean, cheap, spacious, swimming pool etc.
Cons.. WiFi is annoying, not enough sockets for us techies, slow lifts so use the stairs... It's good for you.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2016

I travelled to Palermo with my girlfriend in the summer and we had an amazing time. Palermo itself might not be for everyone, but what we liked about the city was it's authenticity, culture, amazing mountains and beautiful old buildings. I've missed the city since I left and will almost certainly return to stay there.

If I was to return, I would definitely stay at the Hotel Bel 3 again. The views are astonishing, with your private balcony overlooking the city and the pool perfectly situated to allow you to look over the city while you enjoy cooling off. The room was clean and comfortable, and the staff were pretty helpful. There is a local shop 10 minutes down the road where you can buy essentials as well as alcohol.

My only criticism of the hotel is the transport to and from the city centre. We didn't have a car, and public transport was a bit unreliable, with no time table at the local bus stop. It was difficult getting home if we wanted a late night out in the city. They do offer a taxi service, but we had difficulty communicating when we phoned them. My only suggestion to the hotel would to improve on this front and make it easier and more affordable to stay out in the city at night and get back to the hotel with out any hassle.

All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel and city.

Date of stay: June 2016