“Tourist trap in an unexpectedly remote location”
Review of Degustibus

Degustibus
Ranked #168 of 2,057 Restaurants in Palermo
Price range: US$23 - US$69
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2016

Certainly off the beaten track up a cute alley, Degustibus nevertheless offers nothing much more than any typical tourist restaurant. Only handed English menus (which are often poorly interpreted) we got an Italian one too for much needed clarification.

Food was mixed. Entrees were seafood salad - very chewy; battered vegetables (tempura on the Italian) were stodgy; mussel soup was too dry to be called a soup; and an ok spag vongole. Mains were a very oily saute of vongole; a porcini risotto that was the right colour but had no sign of mushroom; a very strong cheese gnoochi that and 2 reasonable dishes of grilled swordfish and veal involtini (although both needed something as they looked a bit lonely sitting alone on the giant plates).

Service was slow and while one waiter was very friendly, the other was surly. We arrived early but there were already some big tables so possibly they get tourist groups in, I ended up going inside to pay the bill as we struggled to get anyone's attention and we didn't have the patience for dessert or coffee so stopped elsewhere nearby,

All up I can't recommend.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

This is now the second visit -in 3 days-yes we have walked the city and looked and tried many restaurants-but this one is great. The chef-who is 21 cooks food that is both local Sicilian in terms of the raw commodities, but with a more modern style. The welcome is both professional and welcoming-a family run restaurant with the son-(24 tonight)-fronting the operation. Service is faultless and the environment-in an alley between two historic buildings is both romantic and artistic. When you have walked the city and seen the sites-for those who want both a great setting and good food and service-that is also really good value, this is definitely the place.

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Fantastic evening - we chose the eight course tasting menu and it was all fantastic. Photos were shared - service & charm abound.

Chocolate dessert from Modica to finish off the 8th and final course - so stuffed but pleasantly so!!!!! #SicilyMeetsTheMillers
#VinoVixen
#DirtyBandits #BeOriginalDrinkSomethingDifferent
#GoodFoodGoodWineBadDecisions #Sicily ✈️

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

This is a AWESOME RESTAURANT...Christian in the kitchen means authentic cuisine with a modern flair, delivered by a young( I mean young looking!) chef with a brilliant take on Palermo Cuisine...
Every single item served was truly epic and their Caponata the best I have had in Italy( at least 250 times ordered).
I love the service, ambiance, food, wine, sense of style with 0 fanciness...
You will love this shrine to foodies, and thanks Paolo, you and your sons have blown 24 guests of mine away with your hospitality...
And thank you Marc Marignac who knows more about food and wine than me, and I have spent over a million in restaurants over the years...your choice here was perfect!!!

Reviewed 26 May 2016

I love this restaurant. I go every time I can with my wife and my friends. if you want to eat well without spending to much, You can use coupons.