“Must eat there for great local food”
Review of Il Baro

Il Baro
Ranked #54 of 1,787 Restaurants in Palermo
Price range: US$13 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Libertà
Description: The restaurant was founded in 1999 and is located in the heart of the city. E 'managed by the owner, who has created with great skill, unique atmosphere, attractive, combining a culinary offerings really interesting. The decor of the room is warm and rustic, truly a great place to spend pleasant and relaxing evenings in front of succulent dishes.
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Wonderful food, service and atmosphere, dining with locals on Sicilian cuisine and at the same time the waiters were very good to speak with us in English.

There are newer reviews for Il Baro

Reviewed 4 March 2012

very good food, nice people. try the risotto or the pizza's. Everything tasted fantastic.

1  Thank aadleek
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I enjoyed a tasty dinner with my family: pizzas, pastas, risottos.. everything was delicious! Staff is very friendly and ready to help.

Dishes are fairly full and you should not order too many apetizers or you won't be able to appreciate the other courses.

Weekends can be quite crowded, especially because the location is relatively central. During the week, you can enjoy a quiet atmosphere.

1  Thank Samppa87
Reviewed 22 January 2012

This is one neighborhood pizzeria which is casual, yet classy, effervescent and yet homely. Food is indeed unpretentious - pizzas are great, pasta dishes are marvelous, and service is fast. I would definitely not miss a trip to this place next time I'm in Palermo. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 2 January 2012

I have been visiting this Pizzeria/ Ristorante for the past couple of years with my wife a native of Palermo and after eating Pizza all over Italy I can safely say this rates as the best I have ever eaten! However, Il Baro is not just about great food but, excels itself with excellent staff and owners who successfully make you feel not just a customer but, friends! Even, though due to my wife joining me in the UK we have not visited for a few months the staff still remembered us and joked that we always ate the same! I recommend trying Rustico for a shared starter as this is Palermitanan street food at its best all freshly made on the premises! Then choose a Pizza from a vast range, my personal favourite is Al Tonno with a lovely tomato sauce and plenty of Tuna, I always add onion! The pizzas are made in the traditional way and cooked to perfection in a classical wood oven and so big I can not manage a dessert! The only negative comment I could make if forced is that they do not serve their excellent Espresso in little plastic cups.