“A comfortable room in a very interesting location”
other traveller has booked this property
3 9
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
A
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Philip W
Waldshut-Tiengen, Germany
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 23 February 2011 for a stay in February 2011
people found this review helpful

We (I, my wife and 2 young children) arrived in Palermo from Brussels in the early evening, picked up our rental car and drove to the address provided by Casa Giuditta. No one was there so I called and Salvo answered the phone and said he would be there in 20 minutes which he was. He showed me a one room flat in a nearby building which was entirely unsatisfactory as we had booked a suite with kitchen for our family. Salvo said he caters mostly to backpackers "an entirely different class." He then offered his own previous apartment at a discount so we agreed to take a look. This apartment was indeed what we expected so we took the flat for two nights. Salvo only accepts cash in advance so we had to find an ATM which we did but this was turning out to be a not very fun vacation. The apartment was clean but was up two flights of stairs with no elevator so was somewhat inconvenient. As for parking we were left to our own devices and parking in Palermo is a nightmare. The electric power to the flat failed several times and after about the fourth outage I called Salvo and he told me that power failures were common if the heat is set to maximum which it was as the apartment was stone cold when we arrived and needed some heat. The power failures continued though even after we turned the heat down but by then our stay was over and we escaped to a lovely villa in Syracuse for the remainder of our vacation. Salvo is friendly, speaks good English and tries to be helpful but the operation is slap dash and the customer is left to figure things out on his own. Salvo's wife was charming and her being Russian was a plus as my wife is Russian as well but unfortunately I have to say my experience with Casa Giuditta was overall unsatisfactory.

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Young singles Rugged travelers
London
Reviewed 15 July 2010 for a stay in June 2010

Liked best: comfort & location
Liked least: some confusion over collecting keys on arrival
Travelling group: Solo traveler
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway Older travelers
Tourists Rugged travelers
Germany
Reviewed 20 May 2010 for a stay in April 2010
person found this review helpful

Liked best: Safe central staying

Italy
Reviewed 30 March 2010 for a stay in March 2010

Liked best: The location
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing