6 people are viewing this hotel
US$145
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$145
Trip.com
US$138
Hotels.comUS$144
Official HotelUS$140
Lol.travelUS$182
2,266 results
All reviews rooftop restaurant via etnea mt etna the main street upgraded to a suite top floor mini bar comfortable hotel hotel is located the location is perfect piazza duomo catania airport rita city euros taormina square
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 October 2021

It's relatively easy for a hotel to provide good service when things are going well. But what happens when there are multiple problems occurring?

During our stay in Oct 2021, Catania experienced the region's first ever "Medicane" - a Mediterranean hurricane. Via Etnea was flooded and water entered the ground level of this hotel. We were stuck outside and desperately wanted to get inside to our room. The staff stayed calmed and helped us through the situation, despite needing to attend to the necessary clean-up work. The elevators were shut down due to the flooding and my bad knee was not going to make it up to our fifth floor room. They found us a room on the second floor and helped move all of our belongings to the new room.

This is the kind of situation that really tests a hotel... and the Palace Catania passed the test for us!

Date of stay: October 2021
1  Thank JoAn F
Massimiliano Torre, General Manager at Palace Catania | UNA Esperienze, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2022

Dear Joan,

we would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Palace Catania | UNA Esperienze.
We are very pleased to see that you had a great stay with us and that we managed to meet all your expectations.
This is very rewarding and gives us an incentive to go on improving our services.

We look forward to welcoming you here once again in the near future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 23 October 2021

The hotel is well located, all things can be done easily by foot. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious, and we had a quiet room facing the court yard. The breakfast has everything you need, and again you will meet very friendly staff there. In hot summer months, the interior might be all cool. For a late October day, it is rather on the cool chic side. All in all a place to recommend.

Date of stay: October 2021
Massimiliano Torre, Direttore generale at Palace Catania | UNA Esperienze, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2021

Dear Mr . Ernst L,
warm greetings from a beautifully sunny Autumn weekend in Sicily !

Thank you so very much for your kind words. We really are delighted that you had a perfect stay with us enjoying your time here from beginning to end.

I do hope that you managed to take full advantage of our enviable central location, seeing some of the main attractions, but also some of the lesser known hidden gems around our area too.

We would also love to welcome you back so make sure you return to us soon!

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 21 September 2021

Spent one night in Palace Catania prior to leaving Sicily. The location of the hotel was excellent…. an easy walk to historical sites, bars, restaurants, and shopping. Our room was spotless and spacious, however, we were disappointed as our view was totally obstructed by scaffolding and heavy plastic on the window, as they were refinishing the outside of the building. Basically, it was a room without a window. We went to the hotel restaurant for lunch. It boasts a FABULOUS view of Mt. Etna, but that was the only fabulous feature. The service was slow, the server was rude, and the food was mediocre and quite overpriced.

Date of stay: September 2021
Massimiliano Torre, Direttore generale at Palace Catania | UNA Esperienze, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2021

Dear Mrs. Dianne G,
thank you very much for considering our hotel greatly located in Catania city.

Your feedback is important to us as it helps us to monitor our services and improve constantly. We would like to clarify for you and the other reader that some external renovating works have been performed here in the historical centre and in our property too for the product improvement. Nevertheless, for your next stay with us you will appreciate its results and of course, we will be very glad to take care of and assist in making directly with us your room booking.

As a matter of fact, we are disappointed for the unusual circumstance at the panoramic restaurant, which mainly influenced your total stay liking. We believe that all our guests comments give us the possibility to monitor our services and make them closer to our guest’ desires. We ensure you that the described issues do not reflect the standard of service we provide to all our valued guests. Please rest sure your comments have been already shared for immediate checks.

We would be very happy to host you back and enjoy more and more a pleasant and delicious stay experience.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 3 September 2021

This is a nice hotel close to city center, located in the main shopping street
Lovely breakfast with a lot of home made sweets and caked
Staff serving at breakfast was smiling and happy to help you.
Room is nice with a big bad and a really hard mattress, we loved it but if you have some back pain, this is not the best option.
There is a wonderful rooftop bar and terrace with a great view of Etna
A couple of negative points: the first morning the alarm clock started , probably set up by previous guests; more over leaving the hotel, when already arrived at the airport I noted that I forgot my mobile phone in the safebox, we immediately called the reception that after saying that they checked our room, the mobile was not there. Only 2 days later they called me and informed me that they found it and they shipped it to their sister hotel in Milan, where I was able to pick it up.
I really thank them for finding it but if they’d checked better as soon as I phoned them, I wouldn’t block it and spent 2 days without my smartphone.
Anyway all’s well that ends well

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank ForeverDyO
Massimiliano Torre, Direttore generale at Palace Catania | UNA Esperienze, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2021

Dear Mr. ForeverDyO,
thank you for reviewing our hotel after almost two years and in a such detailed way.

All our guest feedbacks are of a such an importance to us as they represent a precious source of information.

We are delighted to read your very nice words for our delicious breakfast and at the same time, disappointed to read your couple of described unusual circumstances and we are sorry for them.

We would like to ensure to you and the other readers that our quality standards and procedures are applied to control all delivered services before, during and even after your stay to avoid any kind of issue.

Looking forward to welcoming you in the very soon future,

Warmest regards from Sicily!

Reviewed 14 July 2021 via mobile

We have just returned from a wonderful two night stay at the Una Palace Esperienze. This was not our first stay but I would like to write this review of a stay in mid pandemic. The hotel is following all protocols for the safety of its guests, in the room everything is spotless(as always), remote controls are sealed in plastic, toiletries in zip lock bags. I normally wipe everything with alcohol but didn’t feel the need to do this when we went to the room. Breakfast was also served according to the protocols. I did not feel unsafe at any point during my stay at this hotel.
I must thank Valentina at reception for helping us out when the plane did not takeoff due to Etna volcanic eruptions. We had to postpone our stay by one day and this was made possible by the management. I was celebrating my 60th birthday and the staff(please forgive for not remembering all your names]’ made our stay as beautiful as possible. I would like to thank them from the bottom of my heart. I have stayed in many hotels in Catania but this this is the best one by far. I usually visit Catania at least once a year and this will be my go to hotel. The hotel is perfectly located on Via Etnea, within easy walking distance to many restaurants and bars and shops for those who like shopping. If you have a room with a balcony onto the main street you can also get a lovely view of the Etna.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Massimiliano Torre, Direttore generale at Palace Catania | UNA Esperienze, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2021

Dear Madame,
What a fantastic review ! We are happy you appreciated our hospitality and you chose Palace Catania | UNA Esperienze for such a special occasion.

We do our best day by day to let our guests to experience the genunity and quality of our services, taking care of evry detail , especially in case of need. We have shared your lovely comments with our welcoming team and Valentine thanks you for your mention very much.

We cannot wait for your next stay !

Kindest regards,