“Disappointing”

Etnea Roof Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Etnea Roof Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 1,143 Restaurants in Catania
Price range: US$41 - US$70
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The ETNEA ROOF, an "a la carte" restaurant, is on the 7th floor offers guests a unique view of Mount Etna and the city rooftops, serving Sicilian specialities and fresh fish as well as a wide selection of wines from our cellars to enjoy with your meal. From here you can enjoy a unique and spectacular view of the roofs of the city as well as the outline of Mount Etna to the north and a glimpse of the sea to the south.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked a table one week in advance to take my girlfriend out for a special dinner. I asked for a table with a view but all I got was dimly lit table with no view at all. The service was slow and there seemed to be no one that could take care of questions in English. That is something that does not bother me, but when you stack that up with slow/chaotic service and average food the rating is low.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great restaurant with superb service and lovely local food - had the Sicilian breakfast which is a must

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Had the most wonderful meal and drinks at this fabulous roof bar and restaurant. Not only spectacular views of Mt Etna, but wonderful food. Initially we only came in for drinks during the afternoon,but decided to book and come back in the evening for dinner and it didn't disappoint, Giuseppe our waiter was a delight, a real credit to the team. He helped us with the menu and choice of wine. The lamb in marsala sauce was a dream, I could have ate it all over again. If in Catania don't miss it.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

I booked a table here after seeing a photo a photo of the views but the experience was every bit as incredible as Mount Etna on the horizon. Our cab cancelled on us so we were a little late but we called ahead and the team were very thoughtful and let us arrive late, the restaurant was full inside so we were very thankful. We were greeted by friendly and energetic waiting staff and I had told them in advance I was vegetarian so I was taken through the menu for what I could eat and they had asked if I wanted anything else they would cook it! The food portions were perfect and the food was amazing, I really didn’t want it to end! Really perfect night and everything I had hoped.

1  Thank MarshallR1992
Reviewed 24 April 2018

It was suggested we visited this rooftop hotel bar and restaurant to experience the view of Etna and the city.
The setting is what you would expect of a good quality hotel and the glass sided restaurant looked good but we did not dine.
The drink were not over priced considering the location and the service was good.

1  Thank Tim G