“Best in town”

Cuisines: Sushi, Italian, Seafood, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2018

This by far the most sophisticated dinner we had in Cagliari. The gnocchi sardi with a special pesto was monumental. I had perfect, if a bit pricey, oysters. By London standards it was a bargain to have seafood of this quality at £30 each, including some wine.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,742)

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Great place for seafood in central Cagliari. Very innovative menu with super fresh ingredients. greatly recommended. Service was really good and prices totally fine for the quality

Reviewed 13 April 2018

It was late and we had been walking for a couple of hours.....Our first two choices were booked and so we kept walking and found Luigi Pomata. We were very happy to be promptly given a seat and the waiters were very efficient but not overly friendly. The food was just OK...sort of our fault because if we had known that this place was reknown for having great Tuna we would have ordered Tuna....but we didn't ....my wife did order the tempura which was delish! but her pasta dish was so-so and my appetizer veggies wraped in bread was a disappointment as the veggies were over cooked and the I had the pork which was just fine.... So all in all ....I would consider going back for the Tuna

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I had lunch at this restaurant on a stopover in Cagliari. The restaurant was recommended by our hotel and is within minutes from the city center. It is modern, clean and the staff was very friendly. I ordered the mix of three dishes (starter, primo and secondo piatto). The portions were reasonable and well presented. I had the mixed salad for starters, a pasta with tuna for primo and the tuna steak with aubergines as a main. Everything was cooked to perfection.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Had dinner there with my husband on Saturday evening. We were the first ones to arrive at the restaurant. Staff is friendly, food was ok but it did not wow me except for the chocolate souffle.
Food in our eye was coming too fast. Was hardly any time to enjoy the evening. The chef came to greet which I find nice.
Also, at this level I’m just to get something small from the kitchen as greetings from the chef. Well, not here.
Would I go back? No!