“Great trattoria at good price”

L'Osteria Gioia & Gusto
Ranked #27 of 1,148 Restaurants in Cagliari
Price range: US$17 - US$68
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a great time there. Good menu, friendly staff and full of locals. Very authentic Italian food at a very reasonable price. Good staff recommendations: tasty pasta and great tiramisu!!

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 21 July 2018

My family and I went to this lovely restaurant and had one of our best meals in Sardinia. It was authentic food, good wine, friendly service and they even made a tasty meal for my son who has a gluten allergy. The restaurant is definitely worth the stop if you are in Cagliari even for just the day.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

After reading the reviews I was very excited to get a table however sadly this is not the rustic, friendly restaurant we hoped for. Due to the portion sizes it is clearly worth ordering to share although the prices are good anyway. My partner had a octopus and potato salad/tart to start which ended up being blended octopus on mash. I had fishcakes and I'm still wondering where the fish was. It was served with a rather sad salad and tartar sauce...a sachet would have had more flavour. The primos were better but the pasta was thick and heavy and his sauce congealed. We also ordered gnocchi with courgette flowers and langoustine; the gnocchi had been overworked so was heavy and stodgy, there were two wilted courgette flowers in the entire pan. I don't mind shelling the langoustines but we weren't given anything for our hands and they were just covered in oil. We then had to ask for the bill multiple times and got a less than friendly reception. At least it was cheap...50 euros for 2 courses and 0.5l wine.

2  Thank Ruby G
Reviewed 5 July 2018

We tried to enter the place a few times, the learning was that you need to book in advance. However it worth the effort, the food is good and is one of the few places where they can grill the squid right. The menu is short however you have everything on it what you need for a good lunch or for dinner. We ate only seafood and had three different starters and three different main courses, each met high expectations. The desserts were good too, the tiramisu was one of the best I ever had and the zuppa inglese was nice too. We have tasted the white wine of the house, it was outstanding.
The service is fine, some reviews point on some issues around it. It is clear that you shall speak at least a basic Italian (or use your translator) and need to make sure that your order is taken. Then just enjoy. Thank you Gioia and Gusto for running this good place.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Italian seafood dining at its absolute best. We hadn't made a booking but arrived right at opening time and were squeezed in before a reservation at 9. Very attentive and friendly staff, the owner came by several times to check if we were happy. The tonno con tonno is an absolute must-try, it's simply divine! I've never had tuna this fresh before. The insalatina sepia, fritto and gnocchi were also very tasty. Definitely the best dinner we've had in Sardinia and possibly the best value for money you'll get in Cagliari. The area is worlds away from the tourist hot spots and the 1940s buildings surrounding the osteria make for a lovely after dinner stroll. Highly recommended!