We had a lovely week in this fabulously located boutique hotel. We were given a friendly welcome and a welcome drink when we arrived late in the evening.
One of the best things was the location - 10 min walk from the old town of Alghero where the gorgeous bars and restaurants are found.
Our room was very grand, with great AC and nice toiletries. Breakfast was great - although odd you had to pay extra for omelettes - but it was very relaxing and went on far later than the advertised 10.30am finish.
The pool area was amazing with access to the sea and snorkelling equipment available. The spa and gym were also fantastic.
In terms or criticisms the bathroom didn't have a standalone shower as it was too small so having a shower in the bath wasn't very comfortable. We felt it lacked atmosphere and there was no music playing at any time so we didn't ever dine there in the evening. The pool drinks were also very expensive and no water was provided for the room which I though was a little mean.
Despite these things it was worth it for the location and the incredible building. It's one of the loveliest looking hotels I've stayed in. Definitely worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Las Tronas is the delightful 5-star hotel that has become the symbol of Alghero - “the Golden Door to tourism in Sardinia” - situated on the Riviera del Corallo on the north-west coast of the Island. The hotel rises from the sea-shore with its Spa, nestled in the greenery of nearly two hectares of park that separate it from the Alghero waterfront, on a headland surrounded on three sides by the crystal-clear water of the bay. Numerous quays invite you to sunbathe and swim in the most comfortable, private way. The view is spectacular and the atmosphere so intense and romantic as to steal the hearts of Italian Royalty, who chose the Villa up to the nineteen-forties for their holidays in Sardinia. The bar and panoramic restaurant are the ideal place to relax, while your gaze takes in the Bay of Alghero and rediscovers the timeless luxuriousness inherent in the unique features and character of the villa. The Hotel and the Spa – with its covered sea-water swimming-pool (also looking out over the Mediterranean), sauna, Turkish bath, Kneipp walkway, gym and the beauty area – are open all through the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Expedia, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and LateRooms so you can book your Villa Las Tronas Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Las Tronas Hotel And Spa
- Villa Las Tronas Hotel Alghero
- Hotel Las Tronas
- Villa Las Tronas Hotel & Spa Alghero, Sardinia