Lowest prices for your stay
US$112
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Booking.comUS$112
All reviews central island old town acropolis cusp city
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 April 2019

Hotel located in ceter of Taranto near the Museum and at 10 min form nice restaurant along the port. Access can be an issue as hotel il located is really small street. Excellent welcome with friendly people. Rooms are reasonnable but ols fashion, clean. Hotel is noisy as wall thickness should be thin and standard window with small street is making that you can listen to all street noise but no cars after 22.00. Breakfeast is perfect with all what you need and home made pies.
I would recommend this as a typical hotel.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2019 via mobile

Rainy afternoon, touristic places closed, and lost in Taranto's old Town. As I was looking for a dry place, I was lucky enough to find the hotel Akropolis where I enjoyed a superb espresso served by very profesional and friendly staff. Thanks for brightening up the gloomy meant-to-be Tarabtian afternoon.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2019

My wife and I spent 4 nights here on a short break to Taranto. The hotel is located in the winding narrow streets of the old city close to St Cataldo's Cathedral and a short walk to the sea. Also close by are many good seafood restaurants. Our room was large, well furnished and spotlessly clean, as was the bathroom. Excellent free wi-fi. Tea/coffee making facility and air conditioning. All staff were friendly and helpful and spoke good English. A hotel full of character, recommended if you want a change from a bland corporate hotel.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2019

The hotel is located in the centre of Taranto old town, in that sort of little island where the doric temple column are. The first advice for any traveller is not to get scared by the looks of the old town: it looks dilapidated at points, but if one looks carefully it is clean and very picturesque. I recommend it to anyone for its genuine style. The hotel is in the middle of it. The hotel building is nicely renovated, outside and inside. The hotel inside is very nice, extremely well renovated, very clean but also very picturesque, as it includes historical architectonic elements of the building, which was first build like 1000 years ago.
The room I had was very well equipped, the bathroom was very nice and there was no problem with the supply of water.
The staff is extraordinarily friendly and gives the exact mixture of professionalisms and dedicated service.
I can not find any reason not to recommend this hotel.

Room tip: As specifically for a quite room, as there seem to be some that are not so.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Maubett
Reviewed 23 August 2018

Parking is extremely difficult - be warned. Hotel is in an area which is easily accessible to old town but scary to walk through at night. The rooms are fine - we had a problem with a leaking bath but were moved to a different room immediately. The public areas gives a feeling of a museum a little bit. We stayed in Taranto as we had an early ferry from Brindisi in the morning. I can't say we loved Taranto, it needs some work overall if it wants tourism.

Date of stay: July 2018