Palazzo Giardino Giusti
US$23.98*
and up
Verona City Hop-on Hop-off Tour
Reviewed 9 September 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed going to the Palazzo GIARDINO gardens. We are there at 10 am and I think we were almost on our own. Peaceful and such a lovely surprise. It's a must see and away from the hassle and bustle of inner city Verona.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Do find it. A gorgeous compact renaissance garden that does the flat and then the vertical. The aroma of box and cypress, The sound of the water and the gravel paths. The fact that the layout is as it was in the beginning, well almost. It's lovely to walk a labyrinth laid out in 1786 and get out much faster than you get in!
Did they all stare at Goethe because he had picked a branch from an old cypress in a public garden? Did you use the little mallet by the statue?

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

A traditional renaissance garden, lawns, box hedges and Cyprus trees, and a grotto up the side of the hill. Either it's your sort of thing or it's not, but we loved it. Perhaps the hot sunny day helped, but the shade and sense of calm and removal from the tourist bustle of the centre was wonderful. It does feel like it has seen slightly better days, it doesn't have the look of somewhere that is really cared for, but somehow that was charming too.

Will definitely go back!

(We didn't visit the palace itself, only the garden).

Reviewed 1 September 2017

First, I thank muchly the very kind gentleman on the door who let me in despite there being a wedding about to take place (I was one day in Verona so couldn't come back). He was smiley, charming and courteous, and charged me less than full price because I could only see the gardens (with the impending nuptials about to kick off) - this suited me fine.

It's stunning landscaping here - and an Eden away from the touristic roar of central Verona; there's some follies that are worth exploring; a lovers' maze (meet in the middle and be together forever - or so the legend goes - as a solo traveller, I was a bit dismissive); and sculpted topiary that didn't fail to impress. Romantic, rolling and relaxing.

All in all, a great way to pass an hour or so and to enjoy the calm of this green and pleasant hill with the twitter of birdsong and the beauty of a well kept garden making it an oasis of calm. Recommend.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

There is much more to the garden as you walk around. Not busy. The views over the city are excellent too.