Hotel Gabbia d'Oro
US$222
US$217
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Leon D'Oro(Verona)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$101
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
US$454
US$426
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspiazza erbed orounique boutique hotelsitting roomroom hotelcommon areas arei highly recommend this hotelthis wonderful hotelperfect locationclose to the hotelold townsmall balconyhotel stafftwo night stayitalian hotelssmall hotellong weekend
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

This 27-room hotel is really an interesting place. It's owned by an a individual woman who decorated it and lives somewhere on the property. There are so many things to look at, including quirky items and real antiques. Stuff is literally everywhere, including singing birds in a cage. The hotel is super quiet -- our room was at the back overlooking the garden and we never heard a sound, even from other guests. Room and bathroom were quite spacious by Italian standards and we also had a sitting room. Room safe and wifi were included.

Service was very unobtrusive and efficient. I don't feel like I got to know anyone there during our two-day stay, but we certainly had everything we needed. Hotel staff was very good about answering my questions via email in advance of our stay and they were able to arrange private transportation for us to go to Milan at 7:00 a.m. It was expensive; however, the price was in keeping with the prices of other other drivers I investigated and I was able to include it on my room bill instead of having all that cash on hand. Hotel staff gave me a list of restaurant recommendations in advance of our arrival and after I researched a few of them, they made reservations for the ones I chose. And even before I asked, the woman at the front desk arranged for my husband and I to have access to an early-start breakfast before the official service started, which we really appreciated, especially since we wanted to have coffee before we departed.

Speaking of breakfast, it was a lovely spread, perhaps a notch above what I've had at other Italian hotels. There is an extra euro 15 charge for it, though.

For us, this hotel was perfect as we wanted a calm, restful two nights and we wanted to be centrally located, which we were. We easily found our way around Verona and walked to everything we wanted to see. But if you like a modern-looking, sleek hotel, this wouldn't be the one for you. And if you are looking to save a few dollars to buy extra dishes of gelato, again this would not be the hotel for you. Our two-night stay cost euro 570. I enjoyed this hotel very much and found it quiet and peaceful, but I wonder if the experience was worth the price -- I'm still deciding. But I knew the full costs at the time of booking, so I went into this with eyes wide open and hence, the five-star rating.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank Carolyn M
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

An absolutely Charming hotel full of character.
A restful stay and we were Incredibly well looked after by attentive and engaging staff who have been working here for many years.Their insight into local restaurants and activities is therefore exceptional.
The selection of food for breakfast in the hotel is outstanding plus Eliano makes the finest hot chocolate for our afternoon tea.
Probably the best location in this beautiful city.
This must be one of our most favourite hotels Ever!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Having recently stayed in their suite with terrace for three nights, it's one of the most memorable and fabulous boutique hotels I have ever stayed.

We used to go to verona once a year and stayed there every time, after three years' absence, me and my husband decided to return Verona for a long weekend.

We were greeted by the same hotel staff from three years ago, it feels we are returning home rather than stepping into a hotel, even the parrot is still there greeting us.

We had our usual room, the suite with the most charming roof terrace, the room is not large comparing to other hotels we have stayed, however, it's just so charming, decorated in the most quirky fashion, we are stepping back in time. We just have our drinks on the terrace, listening to the church bell in the distance, all peace and quiet.

You can't fault the location, it's in the centre of Verona, you can walk to everywhere. The service is impeccable, they just can't do enough for you, they still remember what we prefer even after three years' absence.

A boutique hotel with its own weird and wonderful charm, highly recommend to anyone, we will also be returning next year!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jiamei J
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Wonderfull and charming. Great staff, beautiful place. Room was very good and quiet. Cannot top the location. Really nothing "not wonderful" about this place. Would come back again. Highly recommended,

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

It has a flavir of the ancient, if you like the italian look this hotel is for you, my daughter prefered the more modern look but I like it, love the bath and the ac works well cant wait ro try breakfast

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family