We chose Hotel Torcolo after researching reviews on TA. Pleased to say there were no surprises with this hotel. It is an older building, but seems to have been given a lot of love and care by the family that owns and operates it. It is extremely well located...about 60 seconds walk down a small narrow back street to Piazza Bra (the restaurant side of the Piazza). Our room was on the 2nd floor (3rd floor in Italy). It was one room, not very large, with a dresser and armoir, and an updated bath and shower. The bed was comfortable. We did not hear too much street noise as the windows were double glazed. Definately "period" decor but all-and-all a nice place to stay.
* Location, location, location. So close to the active heart of Verona, and it's sights, restaurants, etc.
* Very neat and well kept.
* Silvia - I believe she's the matriarch of the family that owns the hotel. She is the best! She's friendly and helpful and very interesting to talk with. She knows all the history of the city.
* WiFi in the room - we paid 5 Eu for 3 hours while there for 3 days.
* A nice breakfast buffet - fairly narrow selection but good food and friendly staff.
* Keeping in mind that we were looking for a good value in an excellent location, we really found no serious no negatives with Hotel Torcolo. Just remember that is an older property, furnished in the old style, and in the heart of the city.
We'd stay again here without hesitation. By the way...if you can, have Silvia tell you about her gold ring and the poster behind the registration desk....and her father....and Maria Calas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Torcolo, traditional family hotel, is located in the historic center of Verona, a few steps from the "Arena" the Roman amphitheater, home to summer opera festival and from the balcony of Juliet .The hotel has a lift and 24 hour Front Desk and GarageAll our rooms are: non smoking, with private facilities en suite with shower and hair-dryer; all rooms are with TV with CNN and BBC news, direct telephone, air conditioning /heating, fridge with safe and Wi-fi connection.The owners, Silvia and Diana, and the staff Caterina and Riccardo will be happy to welcome and provide you with all the information you may need to sightsee the town.Feel free to ask them to book restaurant, opera tickets, visit in a museum or provide you information and timetable of trains and buses to reach the neighborhoods.In this gracious Hotel in Verona, you will be greeted by the friendly and professional service to make you feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Hotel Torcolo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torcolo Hotel Verona