“Nice and comfortable”
Review of Hotel Siena

Hotel Siena
Ranked #24 of 78 Hotels in Verona
Reviewed 5 December 2017

I stayed in this hotel for five nights (three with my girlfriend and two alone, because I had to stay longer for work reasons) and it was quite a pleasant stay. The room was nice and comfortable, with a good-sized room, heating (which was quite needed since it was -4ºC outside) and a comfortable bed. The pillows were a bit to thin and rigid, but there was a spare one in the wardrobe that did the trick.

Location is good: it is about halfway between the train/bus station and the historical center: about 10 minutes to the Arena.

The staff was nice enough, they helped us when we needed it and were in general helpful. One thing that was a bit annoying is that when my girlfriend left, they made me pack and leave my luggage downstais, because they said that I was going to be moved to a different room. When I got back at night, they said that finally I was going to stay in the same room as the night before. Why make me pack and unpack then?

Our reservation didn't include breakfast, so I cannot comment on that. My impression from watching from outside the dining room is that the 9€ they ask per person are a bit too much: in a cafeteria in the same street we had two cappucinos, two orange juices and two croisants for those same 9€!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
hotelsiena-verona, Proprietario at Hotel Siena, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Santi P,
thank you for your review: we are happy that your stay was pleasant.
Regarding your moving from a room to another room: you made two different reservation for two different rooms. A double room, a then after 2 days, a single economy room.
At the last minute, we found the way (making some changes of availability) to left you in same double room, at the same price. We would give you a favor as a nice touch. We are sad that you didn't understand. It was a free upgrade.
Regarding the cost of breakfast, hotel Siena offers a complete continental buffet, more than a cappuccino and a croissant. For this reason, the price is obviously higher.
I remind you that there is always a rate with breakfast included with lower price.
Thank you anyway for you feedback.
Best regards, Gisella - Owner

Reviewed 20 November 2017

A bit from the heart of the city, but still within walking distance, hotel rooms was fine, nothing special with the rooms, fine overall experience with the rooms, price was mid-ranged for it when I went, and probably spot on for what it is.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
hotelsiena-verona, Proprietario at Hotel Siena, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Christoffer87,
thank you for your opinion.
Hotel Siena is located in the city centre between Arena and Train Station: 10 minutes walking distance. We are sorry if you found a lack in our location, because it's always appreciated and marked as a special advantage.
Best regards, Gisella - Owner

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Finally I found some time to write a review. Great Hotel, good service and just couple of minutes away from the city center (assuming Arena di Verona is the center). Pretty easy to find either by using an offline map or asking locals for directions. Friendly and helpful staff.
The only problem - some rooms are a little noisy.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
hotelsiena-verona, Proprietario at Hotel Siena, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Ivan d,
thank you so much for spending time to write this good feedback. We are absolutely glad that you enjoyed our hotel and you found it "lovely".
We hope to see you again. Best regards, Gisella - owner

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Hotel very clean. Friendly helpful staff. Double room with en suite was ideal for us. (Price didn’t include breakfast.) The parking situation was a bit of a nightmare. Hire car to big for the hotels garage. Parked in local car park which cost €17.00 for 24 hours. Location fantastic, very close to all tourist destinations, restaurants and shops. Would definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
hotelsiena-verona, Proprietario at Hotel Siena, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Coleanne15,
thank you so much for this lovely feedback.
I confirm that try to park a big car in a Italian city centre is not a joke. Fortunately, there are 2 big parking house in Verona centre. They are ideal to leave the car there and enjoy the downtown on foot. All is closed and easy to reach.
We hope to see you again. Best regards, Gisella - owner

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I chose this hotel for its perfect location within a few minutes walk from both the train and bus station and the centre of town. Wasn’t expecting much for the price but was pleasantly surprised by the good room layout, generous modern facilities and fast free wifi. All the staff were friendly and full of good suggestions for day trips and as a solo traveller I felt safe and well looked after. As mentioned by other reviews, breakfast could be improved by adding better quality fresh fruit and less plastic processed cheese but it was convenient to eat there before setting out on a trip.

Room Tip: There is a lift. I had a very quiet room at the back and slept well.