“Home away from home”
Review of Residenza Borsari

Residenza Borsari
Ranked #9 of 433 Verona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 January 2015

The B&B is situated in the center of Verona, Piazza delle Erbe is around the corner,
very convenient. The rooms were spacious, clean and cosy, we were four women and shared the two luxurious rooms and the big bathroom.
Vera and Luigi made us feel like family, the breakfast was opulent, freshly baked cake, panetone, nice assortment of cheeses and ham and prosciutto, freshly pressed orange-juice.
We will stay at the same B&B again on our next stay in Verona.

Room Tip: For families or friends take the two Arena-rooms!
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 November 2014

We stayed at Residenza Borsari for two nights in October 2014. We arrived by train and cab mid afternoon to be greeted by Vera with coffee and delicious home made cake. The rooms and bedrooms are elegant and spacious, much larger than we expected for Italy. The location couldn't be better and our balcony overlooked the street - very romantic and so what you imagine of Verona. Breakfast was terrific with such a wide choice and ingredients local and cooked perfectly to order. Plenty of advice from the owners about what to see and do and where to eat. Highly recommended we'll definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2014

We stayed at the Residenza Borsari for four nights. Its on the oldest block in Verona, we had the Romeo suite with a baloney overlooking the street. The room was large as was the bathroom with a very large shower and king size bed. We loved it. The breakfast was amazing each morning with everything made in house. The eggs were made to order and from the owners farm near by. We left our car in the parking lot and walked the city each day. The location of the B & B are perfect with restaurants and all attractions near by within walking distance.

Room Tip: The two suites in front of the B & B are on the street.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2014

We stayed at Residenza Borsari in late october, 2014. The B&B is situated right in the heart of everything in Verona. Beautiful room has very elegant decor, comfortable bathroom. Generous and variated breakfast. was served to us at the living rom.
Luigi and Vera, the owner, are excellent host that gave us excellent tips for restaurants and sightseeing.
We highly recommend Residenza Borsari in the lovely town of Verona. If we ever end up back in Verona, Residenza Borsari is definitely where we'll be staying.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2014

I submitted a review of our stay at the above B&B shortly after our visit of 5-7 September 2014. However, my review was not posted . I emailed Tripadvisor to ask why they hadn't published it and the reply was they hadn't received it. I also wrote a similar review for Booking.Com and strangely enough that review hasn't been published either.

We booked to stay at Residenza Borsari through Booking.com around the middle of August. We had confirmation of our booking including one from Residenza Borsari on 31/8. We were visiting Verona for just the weekend as we wanted to visit the Arena to see Madame Butterfly. Since we had very little time in Verona we wanted to stay as close to the Arena as possible, hence why we chose Residenza Borsari.

When we arrived at Residenza Borsai the front door was open. We entered a hallway and then took a very cramped, claustrophobic to - well just about every floor in the building because there was no indication as to where reception was. Eventually we happened upon reception and we were greeted by a very surprised lady, who introduced herself as Vera. She asked us to take a seat and she made us coffee. All very nice we thought. She told us that we were rather early and that our room wouldn't be available til 2pm. We were fine with that since we knew that was the check-in time. However, after about an hour Vera ( who we now knew as the wife of the owner) came to ask if I'd received a call from Booking.com. I was confused by her enquiry and I showed her an email that Residenza Borsari had sent to me confirming the booking. She told me that they had told Booking.com that they wouldn't be able to accommodate us as the previous occupants had smashed the shower. I was very taken aback and asked her why she hadn't mentioned this on our arrival. She said that she didn't realise who we were. Very odd I thought. I asked if we could see the room, not to check in but by now I was suspicious of the story. She would not allow us to see the room but told us that she had made a booking for us elsewhere. I said I didn't want to move to another location because we had so very little time. By this time I'd received an email from Booking.com stating that they had been informed by Residenzi Borsari that they had OVERSOLD the room. I dug my heels in and said that we were not going to move. She then said that they would get the Shower fixed and we could stay but we would have to wait another 2-3 hours before we could book in. When we finally got to the room, there was no evidence of any damage whatsoever.

Booking.com then said that they use the word OVERSOLD to cover any problems with room bookings.

I would never use Booking.com again nor would I recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family