Hotel Martini(Verona)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$206
US$185
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$206/night.

US$353
US$315
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$390/night.

US$224
US$126
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$141/night.

US$236
US$203
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$237/night.

US$298
US$279
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsshuttle busrestaurants close to the hotelbusiness travelcity centrefrequent busestraffic lightsextra pillowsbit datedbus servicebreakfast spreadcost eurosbooked this hotelverona cardpiazza del erbepublic areasbig bathroomstayed here for one night
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

We visited Hotel Maxim in June 2017 as a couple. I'd recommend it but I think we'd rather be closer to the city next time.

The hotel is in a residential area about 15mins away from Verona arena on the bus, there aren't any places to buy tickets near the hotel (as far as I can tell) but you can get them on the bus for 2 euros.

We had a bit of an issue finding it, and a heart attack inducing moment when we thought it was closed!! It's not (thankfully) but the supermarket that used to be attached to it is.

The staff were abrupt on reception, didn't really feel very welcoming because of this. The hotel itself (in the public areas) is very well presented internally. I get the impression it was designed more for business use but that might just be me.

The room we had was large and spacious, from the fire plan it looks as if they are all of a similar size. They're also well equipped with a bath/shower, a minibar (useful for your own drinks if nothing else!), hairdryer, free safe, TV etc. It was a bit dated but comfortable enough, especially for the price we paid.

Free breakfast is always a bonus, but the breakfast here was good with a selection of hot and cold food. Coffee is from a machine but still good. Again, the biggest problem was the staff who were generally rude, not much of an issue as you can avoid them at breakfast!

There's no restaurant on a night which would normally put us off given the distance from the city. However the hotel recommend a few local Italian restaurants, frequented by residents. We visited two and they were both excellent and only 5 mins away. The food there was much better than you'd get in a hotel anyway.

Overall, I would recommend the hotel if you're just looking for somewhere to rest your head after a long day, it's not the easiest place to walk to (although we managed) but it's not a deal breaker. Overall it's okay, but I'm sure there's better out there.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2017

We brought a large group to Hotel Maxim at the beginning of April to visit Verona. Our stay was very smooth from the beginning – the check-in process went extremely quickly considering there were 50 people in our group! The hotel is of a very good standard and the rooms were large and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was of epic proportions and wonderfully varied. Hotel Maxim was a pleasant stay for our large group and is clearly used to dealing with parties like ours.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank LoyolaCenterNCL
Reviewed 4 May 2017

We booked this hotel at the last minute for a city break. In parts it is a bit tired but the room was comfortable and the breakfast which was included in the very reasonable price was very good indeed. The staff were friendly and we were delighted with the advice and guidance provided by the reception staff. It is however located well outside the city in a rather run-down residential area which seems a bit strange. There are on most days frequent buses into the city which run close to the hotel but watch you do not over shoot the stop on the return journey as we did. On the Monday of our stay there were no buses running due to the holiday and it took us 40 minutes to walk to the Arena at a good pace. I would recommend the hotel itself as great value as long as its location out of the city is not regarded as a problem.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WIGGSD
Reviewed 14 April 2017

Very tired arriving. My friend to relax. Lovely room except for a disabled person couldn't have a shower as bath to high. I would have had to help my friend but very difficult to get accomadation whilst Vinitaly is on. Good disabled parking and facilities.
Moving in Verona by Bus Euro 2 into Centre of town. Free shuttle bus to Vinitaly. Excellent service for Euro 7 for shuttle bus to Vinitaly. My friend enjoyed his time because he went on his disabled scooter around the area for fresh air and to buy things.
Good dinner in a restaurant but would have liked dinner in the hotel when tired. Research better next time. But got a taxi to same restaurant and back ok.
Reception excellent, Bar excellent, breakfast excellent.
Maps and information at reception good too. Even an adapter from uk to Italy fantastic. The night receptionist very helpful but had difficult customers. Security excellent too. Thank you for my stay especially Jean Sarkis the General Manager who was very helpful to my friend.

Room Tip: Liked the bell chimes in the morning as it woke me up and opened shutter to see weather.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank 916morag
Reviewed 6 April 2017

As a mother's day gift from my daughter I enjoyed every minute of my stay. Rooms were spotless, beds comfy and free safe a bonus. Continental breakfast great, something for everyone. Staff above and beyond pleasant and helpful. Location fine for us. We either enjoyed the walk to centre or jumped on the bus for 2 euros . Think some people expect too much or don't research what they specifically want. Verona is a beautiful place and we found this hotel ideal for us.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family