“Very enjoyable lunch!”
Review of Amo Bistrot

Amo Bistrot
Reserve with
Amo Bistrot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,359 Restaurants in Verona
Price range: US$28 - US$40
Reviewed 13 November 2018 via mobile

We were very happy to find this restaurant had reopened under new management.
The menu was full of interesting variations on traditional northern Italian food.
The Pasta e Fagoli was smooth and thick with fat egg noodles. The ribs slow cooked in a sweet/savory glaze and served with a dipping sauce I still can't name but was a great compliment.
The best part was an amazing Creme caramel made with panatonne cake, hazelnuts and white chocolate.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank 271viviennef

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

In short: amazing taste, gluten-free friendly, welcoming, value for money, in the heart of Verona! 100% recommended.

Here's the whole story: I found this place on Google, as I was really willing to impress my colleagues from outside Verona. Also, since my partner is coeliac I always check the restaurant has a decent gluten-free offer.
I was charmed by the menu on the website, and so were my colleagues. Over the phone when I booked a table for 10 the owner was delightful, friendly, and very attentive to the needs of my coeliac partner.
When we walked in, we found a fascinating atmosphere, a perfect balance between vintage allure and creativity. The staff was warm and attentive. We were served delicious appetizers while browsing the menu.
The service was perfect in terms of timing and friendliness.
And the food was absolutely great!!! Starters, first courses, mains and dessert alike. The wine was also a very good match with the food.
Everything we ate reflected the spirit of the place, healthy, tasty and creative both in presentation and ingredient combination. The prices are reasonably affordable, even more when thinking of the quality of the food and of the service.
I also had the chance to speak to the owner, a young man with ambition and a real concept in his mind.
Totally recommended!

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

We visited the Bistro because it was highlighted by Trip Advisor as a sea food place. When we arrived we were seduced by the location, the charming court and rooms. The restaurant is beautiful and the staff very friendly and professional. The prices are reasonable for such a nice establishment. However the food was a little too ‘out there’ for me. I had misread the menu and came for the seafood platter without realising it would all be raw. Thank Goodness I realised before ordering so I ordered their Pad Thai with kind prawns. The dish’s was nice but not the best I have had. The other options were again too inventive for me. Nice evening thanks to the staff and the quaint atmosphere but thanks to the food.

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Wow, step back in time between the 5th century walls that surround the most beautiful terrace courtyard complete with olive trees potted plants and fish pond. There is inside seating as well but this beautiful autumn night we chose to sit out side, so glad we did. The wait staf were attentive, conversant in broken English, humerous and went out of their way to assist in us choosing wine from italy which we did not understand the blends, the choice we untertook was zvigneti de ettore valpolicella ripasso, stunning. We had 3 courses calamari filled with wasabi mayo, then I had Pad thai with shrimp and hazelnuts, my wife , maccaroni withe a vegetable ragu and gruyere cheese sauce, then we both had yakatorichicken skewers wa had no room for desert of coffee as were very relaxed and replete. This with tax cost 95 Euros which is on the higher end but worth every cent, we were so immersed in the aura and atmosphere we didn't want to leave, should we return to Verona again is will be a must.

1  Thank chrisfQ1511LN
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

We went today at lunch. We took the menu and it was great. The food was so tasty that we definitively will go again. It is highly recommended!

Date of visit: September 2018