“Beautiful evening”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Castello
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I went there as a part of his 40th celebration weekend. My husband is a meat lover and I am a vegetarian (no meat, fish or seafood) so our hotel has recommended this place and said they could cater for both. On arrival the owner greeted us and asked if we would like to browse the menu or if he could suggest some combinations. We explained that I couldn’t eat much of their normal menue (we had a sneaky peak online before going) and he then suggested the kitchen whip something up, outside the menu. It was delicious. I was given a platter with mixed vegetables, which sounds a bit boring but was lovely, and a beautiful pea risotto. My husband indulged in a variety of their seafood and fish and said it was amazing. The staff also made recommendations of local wine to go with the meal and it was just spit on. All in all a lovely evening. Would come back in a heartbeat. It’s not cheep but nothing is in Venice really. If you’re thinking about going, do it!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hostaria da franz was recommended to us by a friend who is from Venice. He told us that this small, intimate restaurant represented very well the best of Venetian seafood cuisine and the finest of Italian hospitality. We certainly were not disappointed! The meal, the service, and the atmosphere could not have been any better. The proprietor, Maurizio, was charming, helpful, and made us feel like family. His wait staff all were professional and attentive without being hoovering at all. The seafood menu is plentiful and interesting, but ask Maurizio for his recommendations because he was spot-on with us in every respect. We definitely will return to Hostaria da franz on our next trip to Venice and will highly recommend it to our friends as well.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our concierge recommended this restaurant for our first night in Italy (in Venice), and I'm sorry to say that no other restaurant compared. It is that good. We enjoyed an octopus appetizer with a lovely bottle of house red. My husband had gnocchi with a rabbit sauce while I had a seafood risotto. Then we shared a turbot, ending with THE BEST tiramisu I had over two weeks in Italy. I highly recommend this place and will dream about both the food and the service!

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We went to hostaria de Franz last night and truly had an amazing experience . Coming from them the NY metro area we have very high standards and this restaurant met all. Maurizio takes great pride n his food and restaurant and this shows in everything from the food and service to the washcloths in the bathroom . Everything we ate was homemade and had extremely unique flavors . Hostaria de Franz was one of the more memorable meals we had while in Italy . My 13 year old even said it was the best she ate. Thank you Maurizio!

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We only stayed in Venice 1 night this time around and was looking for a unique authentic Venetian experience. We had this recommendation from our hotel.
Small restaurant lovely ambience the menu was outstanding . On the pricey side but you get what you pay for. The seafood is so incredibly fresh and the cold spaghetti and red tuna will forever be imbedded as my most favourite dish in Italy . For its freshness and unique flavour. Maurizio the host and owner. Who family origins continue and passion for his restaurant and creations are very clear in the presentation and delivery