“Beer drinkers beware!”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Marco
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Presumably Harry doesn't drink beer. That's what we called for to be told it wasn't to be had. Funny bar!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped by here for a drink and a spot of lunch.
Now, I was very well aware, stepping over the threshold that I was going to be ripped off. But there's ripped off and downright shafted.
The drinks are fair enough - the price is listed, and a Bellini is a Bellini.
We ordered an octopus salad (€45) and a sole with courgette - not even a Dover sole (€65). Again, we knew the prices before ordering. It's what turned up that stunned us. My salad was on a side plate. I asked the waiter 'is this it'. Without missing a beat, he nodded, shrugged and walked off. The sole dish was just as bad. Small sole fillets hidden under some diced courgette.
The bill for this, a couple of Bellinis and a carafe of wine was close to €300. An utter joke.
For that price, go to Do Fiore (Michelin star), al Covo or Alle Corone instead.
The lady next to me was laughing so much from pure shock having paid €30 for a toasted cheese sandwich.
By all means, do the tourist thing and pop in for a Bellini - they're quite good - but don't eat here. You've been warned.

3  Thank JSC2003
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

It seems some people have had good experiences here. My experience was bad. It's a tourist trap. 21 euros for a bellini. (I saw bellinis on one of the outer islands for 6 euros, though didn't try one there.)
The bar was cramped and crowded. I was standing at the bar wearing a small back pack, which I realise was amiss of me. A waiter came past, poked me and said "bag", one word. I didn't realise, then, what he meant, so shrugged my shoulders. He repeated "bag". Then the penny dropped, I apologised and removed my bag. But I was furious that he could have been so rude, that they can charge the earth for drinks and treat their customers with such disdain - no "Excuse me, sir. Would you mind removing your bag as it's causing an obstruction". Maybe I'm too British but I expect more courtesy. Maybe it's because they charge so much and people still crowd in there that they think they don't need to bother to be polite. Like other reviewers have said here, don't bother.

2  Thank Ian312
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Dropped in for bellinis at this “must visit” bar. Two small drinks, plus a few olives and nibbles = €42 ! Very ordinary place, with indifferent service. Haven’t felt so disappointed in a long time. I wouldn’t bother.

1  Thank RMAtkins
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Thought this was a must to do in Venice-but wish we hadn't bothered. Completely over priced Bellinis served in a cramped bar, full of loud Americans-really don't bother.