“Overpriced and Rude Staff”
Review of Harry's Bar

Harry's Bar
Ranked #559 of 1,472 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Marco
Reviewed 6 November 2017

It seems some people have had good experiences here. My experience was bad. It's a tourist trap. 21 euros for a bellini. (I saw bellinis on one of the outer islands for 6 euros, though didn't try one there.)
The bar was cramped and crowded. I was standing at the bar wearing a small back pack, which I realise was amiss of me. A waiter came past, poked me and said "bag", one word. I didn't realise, then, what he meant, so shrugged my shoulders. He repeated "bag". Then the penny dropped, I apologised and removed my bag. But I was furious that he could have been so rude, that they can charge the earth for drinks and treat their customers with such disdain - no "Excuse me, sir. Would you mind removing your bag as it's causing an obstruction". Maybe I'm too British but I expect more courtesy. Maybe it's because they charge so much and people still crowd in there that they think they don't need to bother to be polite. Like other reviewers have said here, don't bother.

2  Thank Ian312
Write a ReviewReviews (2,022)

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Dropped in for bellinis at this “must visit” bar. Two small drinks, plus a few olives and nibbles = €42 ! Very ordinary place, with indifferent service. Haven’t felt so disappointed in a long time. I wouldn’t bother.

1  Thank RMAtkins
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Thought this was a must to do in Venice-but wish we hadn't bothered. Completely over priced Bellinis served in a cramped bar, full of loud Americans-really don't bother.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

I found myself taking a day trip to Venice on my own, I had visited previously but still had a few items to tick and Harry's Bar was one of them! It is true unless you know it is there you would never enter which can be good and bad. I entered and was greeted extremely politely. From that moment I felt welcomed, I requested a table and being a lone female thought this would not be possible, how wrong was I. Fantastic table, fantastic Service and a memory which will live with me forever due to the beautiful couple who actually paid my bill for me without me knowing. Such kind people in this world....

2  Thank Julie T
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

If you visit Venice and want the "tourist" experience then you can say you had a Bellini there. Be prepared to pay 19€ per drink. The food is overpriced but then again when white peaches are in season at home where you live you can drink the drink knowing you had the original looking out at the Grand Canal (even if you overpaid).